I am the best 5+ invul save roller ever

chillin

Had a game this w/e, had 2 K. DP's, a 4 man termicide, 2X2 oblits. From turn 1 (turn 3 for the DS'ing termicide) each model had to make mulitple invul save per turn, sometimes 3-4 saves per model per turn ! In a 5 turn game I failed no 5+ invul save rolls !! His tuned up wolflord attacked 2 oblits for two turns in a row and didn't make a single wound stick. When is the last time your termicide survived the game ? Being conservitive, I would guess 20+ successful 5+ invul saves. In turn 5 my opponent threw in the towel b/c he poured all this no armor save stuff into these units and could not damage them at all. It was one of the freakest things I've ever seen in this game.

Just thought I'd glote a bit.

I'm sure the next game I play, my termi's, DP's and oblits will be dieing to peasants throwing rocks :P

Haha very nice. Reminds me a bit of my friend who used to roll way too well with his Grey Knight Terminators a few years back. Not as extreme as you did there, but he made his 5++ saves like they were 3+ for about 5 battles in a row.

Hmm so maybe Terminators are sick of the fact that they die too quickly when comparing themselves to the fluff...

well, I gotta say I thought I was a pretty good 5+ invul. roller myself. The other weekend I was having fun playing a 1.85 Daemonbombing list and brought 4 groups of 7 Daemons VS Witch Hunters/Imperial Guard combo. After a group of 7 Plague marines got instawiped by 8 Arco Flagellants, my group of 7 lessers managed to kill the remaining 6 Arco Flagellants over 3 rounds of combat.

That certainly made grandfather nurgle proud.

Archived