Base size and game terms

pueriexdeus

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of kit bashing a Dread (Tech Dread) and some Servitors.

My dilemma at the moment is the size of the base they will be on.

1) The tech Dread I'm working on mounting the body on a tank chassis. Right now I've a 1/72 scale Merkova Isreali MBT to use. Looking at the 60mm base the Dread would normally be on vs, the footprint of the tank chassis is longer, but not wider, about an inch front and back.

2) For the Servitors I have some 1/72 scale Renault FT-17 Tanketts. Tried it with the Dread but was much too narrow. With the Servitors they pose the same problem, not too wide, but to long, about 3/4 inch front and back.

Would this be some sort of game breaker???

Game breaker?

No. But it does automaticly mean you need to seek oponent permision to use the models if you are altering the base. If you are still using the standard base dispite the models footpring not quite fiting, I am fairly sure that is fine, just remember all measurements are done to and from the base for movement/assaulting. You may need a "blank" model or two to replace them with on the rare ocasions when the odd shaping will mater.

You would have to be careful how you use them in game. For example, if you turn your dread to face an enemy on the flank, it is an inch closer; makes a big difference to getting an assault.

I wouldn't have a problem, as long as we played as if the vehicle didn't overhang the base. That could be tricky in itself though...

RoV

I dont care what size base they put under it as long as they dont take advantage of its rules, eg Seth and his Whirlwind attack, if someone tries to pull that one on me he only get max 6 men to attack as its provided with a small base as standard.

I expect the same stipulation will be put in his rules preventing everyone from taking a bigger base like Canis has.

I'm still looking for the right tank chassis to do this kit bash with. Its a hair pulling thing.

So I'm wondering, forget the base and just use the hull of the chassis to measure from. Yep it'll be larger than the base it would be on, but all measurements will be consistent. Just like we do from a vehicle.

Any official ruling on something like this?

Archived