In Need of some Help....

rodgers37

Hello :tu:

I am going to start up Chaos again (probably) and am going with Black Legion (mainly because of Abaddon, he is cool :D)

-but alongside my Black Legion, i wanted either some traitor Guard or Daemons..... and someone suggested Traitor Guard would be better (fluff wise anyway)......

So basically, i have two questions:

FW kits, or conversions from Chaos bits? (for Traitor Guard models...)

What would they be using?

(obviously special characters are not going to be involved, but what about Vendettas, leman Russ's? ect ect)

Basically, how should i go about setting up the Traitor Guard side of it....

Thanks

Convert with greenstuff mostly for hoods, cloaks and the like. Some Fantasy Ogres would make some nice traitor ogryns with some conversion work as well and chaos vehicle sprues should make the vehicles look traitor enough easily. Also not painting them in camo should help. Depending on the god you might add slime (nurgle), sculls (khorne), sweet looking psycher models (check fantasy wizards out, most races) for tzeench and you could put naked ladies all over your tanks for Slaanesh (XD).

Fluff wise they would use whatever they could get their slimy (nurgle) ands on. So basically anything you'd like. Your making up the traitor guard, and thus can make up the fluff to fit whatever the hell you want.

Good luck with everything, and I hope you're not given too much grief over a non-power armor post.

Hey. I'm new to the forum and to WH40k as well. I had this idea that I wanted to have a core of Chaos Space Marines with Traitor Guard in support of them, like the OP is talking about. I'm not yet familiar with the rule book (just got it), but I heard from a friend the other day that the new rules don't let you mix CSM and "converted" IG units. I'm not yet all that in touch with the player culture, I just have a couple of friends of used to play and are getting back into it to play with me, so I guess my question is if I go to a local gameshop to play, will people go ape if I have a squad or two of CSM with a squad of Traitor Guard working on the same table? Would I be expected to play them separately? I really like the idea of a mixed unit.

You cannot mix guard and chaos marines. You used to be able to with Codex: Eye of Terror and a Lost and the Damned army, but no longer. Oh and yes, random people at the store will almost certainly not agree to you mixing guard and CSM's. That said, feel free to make a CSM army and a guard army with little chaos stars on it and combine them for Apocalypse games (3,000 points +) since anything goes in Apoc.

Hey. I'm new to the forum and to WH40k as well. I had this idea that I wanted to have a core of Chaos Space Marines with Traitor Guard in support of them, like the OP is talking about. I'm not yet familiar with the rule book (just got it), but I heard from a friend the other day that the new rules don't let you mix CSM and "converted" IG units. I'm not yet all that in touch with the player culture, I just have a couple of friends of used to play and are getting back into it to play with me, so I guess my question is if I go to a local gameshop to play, will people go ape if I have a squad or two of CSM with a squad of Traitor Guard working on the same table? Would I be expected to play them separately? I really like the idea of a mixed unit.

Hrm, you could use them as "counts as lesser daemons". I have heard that some people play this way, especially if their traitor guard is cc oriented

I'm currently building a Traitor Guard army to tie in fluff wise with my Death Guard army. I'm doing it the expensive way with the FW renegades although I'm not using some of the heads so for 10 guys I have 8 usable torsos. They're being placed on Cadian legs with Cadian arms etc. It's very a much a Cadians Gone Bad theme, kinda inspired by Cadian Blood. Not finished yet but I'm liking the look of them.

So if you don't mind spending the extra money they I'd recommend them, they look nice although the Cadian bits aren't easy to put on and you will need to green stuff gaps.

Cadians with beastmen heads is another option, especially if you like your old fluff.

I was thinking about the suggestion that I should 'counts as' summoned daemons, so I started looking at them in C:CM. Close combat weapons only, can't ride in Rhinos. Along those lines I was thinking maybe getting a Warhammer Fantasy set of "Warriors of Chaos" and giving a few of them chainswords and let the rest keep their medieval stuff. Then start a separate IG Traitor Army (Cadians with the Imperial symbols filed off and the tanks Chaos modded) and paint them in the same colors to use for different battles but maintain the fluff theme I want, or augment them into the CSM army when I'm just playing with my buddies. What do you think?

A bit expensive route is the FW route with their Traitor Guard from Vraks. They Look good but the images also are great for building your own.

The Ogryn Berserkers could easily be made with Fantasy Ogres, just greenstuff massive hoods and get really big hammers.

Codex wise: Either use ImpGuard, "counts as" Lesser Daemons, or try and find a copy of the FW Seige of Vraks and see if opponents would let you use the traitor guard list. Could be interesting to see what happens.

Archived