Bikes + Plasma + Relentless?

Right I'm in work and was just thinking about my loss at the weekend to Tau, this was down entirely to the JSJ (Jump Shoot Jump) tactic their battlesuits employ. For those who don't know this involves moving from behind an obstacle or cover, firing and then moving back so as to avoid any return fire.

So first confirmation, bikes do have the relentless rule don't they?

Secondly could they then perform their own version of JSJ... DSD?

Right I'm in work and was just thinking about my loss at the weekend to Tau, this was down entirely to the JSJ (Jump Shoot Jump) tactic their battlesuits employ. For those who don't know this involves moving from behind an obstacle or cover, firing and then moving back so as to avoid any return fire.

So first confirmation, bikes do have the relentless rule don't they?

Secondly could they then perform their own version of JSJ... DSD?

If by bikes you mean Eldar Jetbikes!?!?!? or DSA!

The bikes can move, shoot, then assault to get out of fire range, but that's it.

I can't remember the rulebook off the top of my head, but this is what I was after, is this only for Eldar or can chaos bikes do this?

Example: piece of terrain such as a ruin completely blocks TLOS to unit X can chaos bikes not move out, fire at unit X, at full range, then use the assault move to move back behind the terrain piece.

As I've said I can't remember the rules is this only Eldar? I'm just looking for new ways of playing, as at least for me, the standard chaos list has become far to predictable and this Tau player can easily outdo it.

The bikes can move, shoot, then assault to get out of fire range, but that's it.

I can't remember the rulebook off the top of my head, but this is what I was after, is this only for Eldar or can chaos bikes do this?

Example: piece of terrain such as a ruin completely blocks TLOS to unit X can chaos bikes not move out, fire at unit X, at full range, then use the assault move to move back behind the terrain piece.

As I've said I can't remember the rules is this only Eldar? I'm just looking for new ways of playing, as at least for me, the standard chaos list has become far to predictable and this Tau player can easily outdo it.

chaos bikes can not do this. Chaos bikes can move, shoot and assault, not move, shoot, and move again.

can i just clear something up on relentless (i have lost my rulebook.....)

say 1k sons, move and rapid fire, can they then assault because they are relentless?

(i know it means they can still shoot 24" when relentless, like Oblits can shoot LC when moving ect)

Thanks

Ok Unguis, this is how it works.

Chaos Bikes have Relentless.

This means, you can do the following:

In movement phase: Move up to 12"

In Shooting Phase: Long-shot Rapid Fire Weapons/Fire Heavy Weapons even if you moved

In Assault Phase: They let you assault a target up to 6" away so long as you have not shot at another unit, ignoring if you fired a heavy or rapid-fire weapon the previous phase

You can not move in the Assault Phase unless there is a target within 6" that you are assaulting with your unit of bikes.

And as a bit of history, not only do Eldar Jetbikes have the ability to Move, Shoot, and then Move again in the Assault Phase, they had it before Tau even existed.

GW took what was a single-unit ability for Eldar Jetbikes and turned it into a racial strategy for Tau. Along with the "High-tech shooting race" thing.

Yes, TSons can charge after rapid firing. This makes them have a net minus of 1 S4 attack over charging CSM (3 Attacks in cc + 1 pistol) vs(2 S4 AP3, 1 S4cc)

You forgot the +1 for charging with the TSons. Not getting the bonus for charging was from 4th Ed. You still get +1A for charging when SnP.

Yes, TSons can charge after rapid firing. This makes them have a net minus of 1 S4 attack over charging CSM (3 Attacks in cc + 1 pistol) vs(2 S4 AP3, 1 S4cc)

You forgot the +1 for charging with the TSons. Not getting the bonus for charging was from 4th Ed. You still get +1A for charging when SnP.

You're right. I don't play 5th anymore, so I forgot.

Archived