Heresy Era Space Wolves

Hfran Morkai

Well I'm looking to build a Heresy Era Space Wolf army and I know a little of the Chaos Codex but do know that a lot of the wargear is Heresy Era.

I want a ground pounding army though, so no vehicles, in a Loyalist codex I might have stretched to Dreadnoughts but I'm not keen on the idea of crazed ones.

Is it possible and competitive to use the Chaos dex as a footslogging force? Because that's one of my main interests, I really want a competitive army but love the Wolves too much.

Also would it be awful cheeky of me to say take Marks of Khorne to represent the elite of the Space Wolf Legion?

And just how Chaos-y are the power weapons, combi-weapons and autocannon in the Terminator box? Easy to un-taint? Because even if I use the SW codex I'll be modeling autocannons on Terminators instead and you get lots of nice power weapons, which is standard armament for Terminators of the Wolves.

Finally the C:SM box, from what I've seen a fair few of the torsos would be suitable with minor to no work in order to fit in with Heresy loyalists, am I right in this?

Cheers.

Why not use the SW dex to represent SW's ?? Just a thought.

You could always just restrict yourself to preheresy equipment.

As for being competitive with footslogging army...it's only going to be so competitive b/c you are puting yourself at a pretty big disadvantage.

I could and am considering it but I just wanted to get a feel for the Chaos lists, because my Terminators would only have access to heavy flamers, because someone is bound to have issues with me counting Reaper Autocannons as assault cannons, but I would get storm shields...and Thunderwolves for speed.

I guess I'm just throwing ideas out there, its what this place is good for.

Though I'd still like some help with regards to the plastics themselves please.

You would have a hard time finding people that would let you pick and choose from 2 codeices. It wouldn't go in my gaming group and we are pretty laid back.

That's not at all what my aim is, I will use one codex. But I am wondering whether a viable force could be taken from the Chaos codex, though apart from getting more attacks from marks (which probably doesn't even represent Heresy SW's very well) and getting autocannons on Terminators, doesn't seem as interesting any more.

But the kits, they're a good source of power weapons/combi weapons (in the case of terminators) and pre-heresy torsos, right?

That's not at all what my aim is, I will use one codex.

I wasn't really responding to you, but to Dragoth, who suggested you use SW dex for rulrs and csm dex for weopons, but then SW dex again for special wolf gear :)

Archived