LUPERCAL!

zyx

Hail Brethren,

Here are the beginnings of my first Pre-Heresy tactical squad. I'm happy with these two, but there's something nagging at me. Even though I've modelled them so they're WYSIWYG, I still think the sarge needs something extra, maybe a brace of krak grenades....what do you think?

Also, I need to work on the base colour.....I tried mixing it, and it's the first coat, but definitely needs more work.

....and so I'll finish where I began this post...............

LUPERCAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit my Flikr page to view my minis.

Well, they're Luna WOLVES, so maybe some cloaks or pelts? They did have the same sort of decorations as the good ol' Space Wolves, but when they became the SoH, only the Mournival wore Wolf Pelts.

Hail,

Crazy Eight : I get where yo're coming from, but if you look close it's not an eagle but a winged skull....maybe I'm taking that one too close to the line.

Skirax : A wolf pelt would look good on the sarge perhaps.

Inquisitor d : I haven't been bothered to drill the barrels out for a long time....but maybe I should get back to doing it.

Thanks brethren.

Hail,

Thanks for all the positive comments so far. I'm hoping to get the the 2nd half of the squad modelled soon, and some paint on them.

Might try to do somw weathering / battle damage effects, which will be a first for me.

LUPERCAL!!!!

Hail,

Follow the link in the first post to see newly modelled Astartes. These extra 5 complete the tactical squad, which means paint will be coming soon. I'm interested to hear what people think of the marine wielding the heavy bolter.

In this combat squad I'm pleased with the marine with his combat knife out.

Please view and comment.

Thanks.

LUPERCAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and u need to remove the chest eagle as they didnt have them until after the heresy if im correct

I just finished Hours Rising, I believe the Luna Wolves were wearing the Imperial Eagle, as they were Horus's Legion, and he was the voice of the Emperor. I mention this because I think I recall it being mentioned in the book.

Great stuff and good sculpting skills aswell. Painting white is a daunting task for many of us but fortunatly there are some good articles in the tutorials sections if you're struggling.

'Well, they're Luna WOLVES, so maybe some cloaks or pelts? They did have the same sort of decorations as the good ol' Space Wolves, but when they became the SoH, only the Mournival wore Wolf Pelts.'

Care to share where you read this buddy? Looks like my SoH with pelts will be getting painted white afterall if thats the case :)

Archived