World Eaters and Thousand Sons

Mr. Sandbot

What is the likelihood that roving warbands of Thousand Sons and World Eaters would join forces in order to take vengeance on the Imperium?

I mean, I feel like the chances are pretty slim despite the common enemy, but at the same time it just seems like the World Eaters would follow the Tsons if it meant more skulls (possibly ignoring how they're all Sorcerers for another god) while the Tsons would follow the World Eaters if it meant a good distraction so the Sorcerers can grab what they came for and leave.

Sadly you can try to explain it all you want (two warbands under the Black Legion flag etc.) but there will always be some that won't believe it to be possible under the fluff.

The newest Codex fluff is so diluted that it shouldn't matter however and the Ancient Enemies rule is gone, so I say go for it.

Could just place some sort of fluff into the idea that the berzerkers are kept in stasis between battles with remote control knock-out stimulators located in their backs or something.

Just control the hounds and let them loose on the enemy, claiming they will be knocked out during battle if they don't attack their enemies. That would make them feel as if they're not doing khorne justice, since he doesn't care where the blood flows. And that thousand sons rubrics have none, including skull-less.

You know you chaos warbands have little trouble using each other to the full extent. Now things may always turn bloody after the battle, but when is anything chaos not bloody? A sorcerer would have no trouble using a berzerker as a meat shield and even less trouble concealing his true motives. A berzerker would almost NEVER take orders from a sorcerer, but lets face it, Khornates are almost as predictable as necrons so any Tzeentch follower worth his mark is going to be able to lead them around by the nose. If they can avoid being indiscriminately slaughtered that is.

Archived