A rule that's slipping my mind at the moment...

ShinyRhino

So, this one is slipping my mind, and I dont' have my rulebook on-hand to rectify it.

I know there is a rule that you cannot fire a flamer template weapon if the weapon will be placed over your own units. The shot simply misses automatically.

Does the same thing extend to Blast and Ordnance weapons?

A couple examples:

A unit of Orks charges a Rhino that contains a Marine with a missile launcher. They fail to destro the Rhino, and as a result, are nicely lined up along the side of the hull. On the Marine's turn, he elects to fire a frag missile out of the top hatch into the Orks, but since they're so close, any valid Ork target in that squad would cause the Blast template to cover the Rhino by a hair's breadth. Is it a valid shot, or does he automatically miss?

A Marine Assault Squad charges a Leman Russ Battle Tank, and Immobilizes it with grenades. In the resulting turn, can the LRBT fire at the Assault Marines who are lined up along its hull? Doing so would place the large blast template so it touches the LRBT. Could a different LRBT fire at these Marines? Could an Infantry squad with a grenade launcher fire at those Marines with a frag shot? Or, do all of those shots miss automatically?

You can't place the blast marker. (pg. 30: You may not place the marker so that the base or hull of any of your own models is even grazed by it. to be more exact)

Ordnance blast follow blast rules for placement.

Archived