Daemon Prince Question

Zentor

I recently obtained a Daemon Prince from a friend, but it doesn't have wings, but I want to play him with wings, so far i've only used him for in-house games and my friends have been cool about it, however, I need to get him some wings.

How would I go about finding him some wings? I eventually am going to get a second prince, do they come with the wing bits? Not sure what to do.

Also, when you give them a particular mark, how do you go about making it evident on the prince? I know you can buy the Nurgle Prince, but how do you make it Tzeench marked, or Slanny or Khorne?

Probably both dumb questions but whatever.

Z

Marking is usually shown via the paintjob, most people recognize a Khornae DP in red for instance.

It most often does not have to be shown elsewhere. Should you choose to, a small freehand symbol would probably be the easiest to achieve.

As for wings, it has been asked many times, you can opt for the WHFB Plastic Dragon Wings or those off the Balrog, from the LOTR line.

You can always be like my one friend who claims it jumps and has 'demonic speed' :ph34r:

Or you can try here: http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/advanced_search_r...p;x=30&y=14

I'm a Nurgle fan and have three demon princes utilizing the old school Zombie Dragon wings and Tomb King Carrion wings.

For one of the other Gods I'd suggest (if you can find them) Pegasus for Tzeentch, Dark Pegasus for Slaanesh, and Belakor's for Khorne

Heres a pic of Belakor.

Good luck and don't be afraid to post some pics!

Postumus

These are better.

http://www.ultraforgeminiatures.com/demon-wings.html

Aside from the newer dragons, Galrauch or Balrog, none of the Citadel wings are actually large enough, IIRC. I know for a fact that none of the wings released before they scrapped bitz orders would work, aside from the ones I mentioned. You could also use some feathered ones, if that's what you're going for. Belakor's are way, way too small. They would never be able to support this guy. Sure you could claim he's "magic", but you'd nonetheless have a dumb looking model. You're better off using the whole Belakor model as your second DP and leave it at that.

The CSM "Daemon Prince" isn't really a good representation of a Slaanesh one. Sure, you could paint him pink or whatever but it would still look like a square peg jammed in a round hole. If I were to do a Slaanesh DP, I would take the torso from a Inquisitor space marine or equivelant, a snake lower torso made out of milliput with detailing in GS. Use whatever head you like and go from there. This is sort of the template for what Fulgrim looks like, and is a better representation than the "stock" model.

Yeah, I'm all for counts as. Don't add actual wings unless you think it will look cooler with wings. Otherwise I would just say that my Daemon Prince has the ability to teleport without error so long as its a short range (Tzeentch), turn into slime/putrescence and coagulate elsewhere very quickly(Nurgle), ethereal grace (Slaanesh), or charging with bloodthirsty speed(Khorne).

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I'm all for counts as. Don't add actual wings unless you think it will look cooler with wings. Otherwise I would just say that my Daemon Prince has the ability to teleport without error so long as its a short range (Tzeentch), turn into slime/putrescence and coagulate elsewhere very quickly(Nurgle), ethereal grace (Slaanesh), or charging with bloodthirsty speed(Khorne).

Is this OK for tournaments? I need two Daemon Princes with wings for my Khorne army, but I think wings make the Daemon Prince too bulky for transport.

See they kinda got around this in the Chaos Daemons codex. They called it Daemonic Flight and said it doesn't necessarily fly around but could be leaping etc. This will probably get fixed in the next codex but they'll be like 60pts or something really high. Not looking forward to that day.

As for the CSM codex it says wings and that they should be modelled so I don't think it would fly at tournaments.

My Princes have fly wings that go down their back and so stay out the way while still having wings.

Archived