Blood Angels codex

BrotherMoses

I hereby formally invite any and all chaos players to use the new Blood Angels codex to represent their armies on the tabletop if they so choose. I'm especially extending this invitation to Night Lords and World Eaters. The Night Lords have an affinity for jump packs similar to our own and Khornates are almost a match for a Blood Angel in close combat, so I thought you two groups might benefit from using our codex. Just leave the Icons at home if you don't mind. :lol:

Thanks for the insight on the other options. The fast rhinos are defiantly a plus. I am curious about the troop choices specifically.

As it is Berzerkers have a guaranteed Furious charge and WS5, which makes a big difference, IMO.

If the assault squads can take special weapons, Furious charge is readily available and reliable to get, the models are considerably cheaper, and/or preferred enemy is available to supplement the lack of WS, then some sort of combination of those factors might entice me to play Blood Angels. If not, then why not just play CSM if what I want is a World Eaters army?

because with blood angels you can take a DC squad of up to 30 models armed however you like with relentless, FNP, and furious charge. You can take 1-3 apothecaries as an elites choice that act as IC's and give FNP and FC to units within 6". Dreadnoughts that can be kitted for close combat and are immune to shaken and stun. O, and librarians that give prefered enemy. Assault squads can take melta guns and maybe flamers.

• 2 weeks later...

With the new codex in my hand, I've taken the first steps onto making my new Raptor-based Night Lords army. I decided not to get tempted by some of the shiny goodies, such as the new predator and the death company or sanguinary guard, but I dare say I won't need them. The major plus will be the fact that I'll always have full control of the dreads! And scoring jumptroops ftw. :)

HQ

1x Librarian

- Epistolary

- Jump pack

:: 175 ::

ELITE

1x Furioso Dreadnought

- Blood Talons

- Heavy flamer

:: 135 ::

1x Furioso Dreadnought

- Blood Talons

- Heavy flamer

1x Sanguinary Priest

- Lightning claw

- Jump pack

:: 90 ::

TROOPS

10x Assault Squad

- Meltagun x2

- Power fist

:: 235 ::

10x Assault Squad

- Meltagun x2

- Thunder hammer

:: 240 ::

10x Assault Squad

- Meltagun x2

- Thunder hammer

HEAVY SUPPORT

10x Devastator Squad

- Plasma cannon x2

- Lascannon x2

:: 250 ::

:: 1500 ::

Librarian and Apothecary (priest) to go with the fist squad, and the other two with thunder hammers to have a greater shot against IC and dreads. Devastators combat squaded and the dreads running amok, hopefully taking apart lightly armoured vehicles with their meltaguns and then munching on the squad inside.

Gonna give it a spin tomorrow (and hopefully my friends don't read this and spoil my surprise) :)

2 plasma cannons with 3 sarcifice wounds to hunt MEQ. 2 lascannons with 2+1 sacrifice wounds, one cannon firing at BS5 thanks to the sergeant, to hunt tanks and enemy dreads. Much better than wasting the cannons on high armor targets or the cannons to hunt marines.

And is there a better show of excessive force than a thunder hammer to the face? Plus that the model gets his initiative dropped to 1 next turn if they deal a wound. That screams overwhelmed to me, something the NL are all about.

Alpha Legion sneaks. Night Lords dropkick you in the nuts. ;)

Gonna give it a spin tomorrow (and hopefully my friends don't read this and spoil my surprise) :D

You are so spoiled!

The list is good though, it seems to be very tiresome to obliterate. :yes:

just learned that it's possible to field 11 dreads at the same time in a non apocalypse game with C:BA.... broken

Until you meet any IG army. Then you're wiped turn 2.

Edit: Not to mention; an army with 11 dreads have 0 scoring units.

Not to mention; an army with 11 dreads have 0 scoring units.

actually, some of the dreads are linked to the number of Death Company models you have... learned it secondhand from one of my buddies... here's a transcript of the email

... blood angels are broken....

I can field 11 dreadnoughts ... legally in normal force composition...

all that is needed is a full squad of Death company blood angels... than for every five company marines I have on the table I can include one death company dreadnought as a troops choice... than for my elites choice I can field the Furioso dreadnoughts any of which can be made into Furioso librarian dreadnoughts... than as a heavy support option I can field up to three more dreadnoughts... I figure stick Asterouth the grim at the head of the pack and join him up with the death company give all the dreadnoughts drop pods and throw in some Baal predators for fast attack and boom one bad ass blood angels army o Dreadnought...

That is indeed true, but neither the Death Company, or the Dreadnoughts they can have tag along in the troop compartment count as scoring. So in a game with objectives, the only way to win is to completely wipe your opponent, or hope for a draw.

Edit: 30 DC and 11 'noughts would come together at a nifty 1915 points, and that's not counting any upgrades, drop pods or even an HQ. Good luck using that army against anyone at those points. If you want drop pods for a majority of your 'noughts, a few librarian furiosos and Astaroth, your up above 2500 pts.

I can assure you that a 2500 IG or Tau army would have a field day with that.

With the new codex in my hand, I've taken the first steps onto making my new Raptor-based Night Lords army. I decided not to get tempted by some of the shiny goodies, such as the new predator and the death company or sanguinary guard, but I dare say I won't need them. The major plus will be the fact that I'll always have full control of the dreads! And scoring jumptroops ftw. :)

HQ

1x Librarian

- Epistolary

- Jump pack

:: 175 ::

ELITE

1x Furioso Dreadnought

- Blood Talons

- Heavy flamer

1x Furioso Dreadnought

- Blood Talons

- Heavy flamer

1x Sanguinary Priest

- Lightning claw

- Jump pack

:: 90 ::

TROOPS

10x Assault Squad

- Meltagun x2

- Power fist

:: 235 ::

10x Assault Squad

- Meltagun x2

- Thunder hammer

10x Assault Squad

- Meltagun x2

- Thunder hammer

HEAVY SUPPORT

10x Devastator Squad

- Plasma cannon x2

- Lascannon x2

:: 250 ::

:: 1500 ::

Librarian and Apothecary (priest) to go with the fist squad, and the other two with thunder hammers to have a greater shot against IC and dreads. Devastators combat squaded and the dreads running amok, hopefully taking apart lightly armoured vehicles with their meltaguns and then munching on the squad inside.

Gonna give it a spin tomorrow (and hopefully my friends don't read this and spoil my surprise) :)

Haha, nice try with the "I'm gonna play Tau" earlier today. I actually suspected this when you avoided my questions regarding you list, despite the fact we wouldn't play each other. Don't worry though, my lips are sealed (or are my lips seals? That would be so much more fun). Just don't fool anyone straight up about it, that won't make for a very fun game at all (you know the kind, you say you'll play Tau, someone makes an army against that and you surprise them with Blood Angels and go on to eat them for breakfast. The correct treatment for list-tailoring perhaps, but not very fun for either player).

Where's the second dreadnought from by the way? Bought another one? And what's the plan for the Sanguinary Priest? Some kind of blood-crazed cultist dude leading the others in rites of bloodletting? Or something entirely different? Ah, I see now that you've written apothecary.

/Manson

@Manson

I never said I would play Tau. I said I might play Tau, and only to you. Though I guess I'll give Erik my list tomorrow before we play if he wants to change something in his list. He should be pretty well equipped to handle any sort of MEQ with his standard list.

No second dreadnought yet, but if the list is fun to play I'll have to get another one. I figured one would be too much of a fire magnet, whereas with two one of them might get through.

Yeah, need to get my hands on the plastic apothecary arm, and possibly the torso to convert a bit. As for the special buffing he provides, I expect he took a crash-course in "Psycadelic Drug Administration and You" from Mr. Bile.

@Manson

I never said I would play Tau. I said I might play Tau, and only to you. Though I guess I'll give Erik my list tomorrow before we play if he wants to change something in his list. He should be pretty well equipped to handle any sort of MEQ with his standard list.

No second dreadnought yet, but if the list is fun to play I'll have to get another one. I figured one would be too much of a fire magnet, whereas with two one of them might get through.

Yeah, need to get my hands on the plastic apothecary arm, and possibly the torso to convert a bit. As for the special buffing he provides, I expect he took a crash-course in "Psycadelic Drug Administration and You" from Mr. Bile.

Hey, no worries dude. Didn't mean to sound accusing. And Erik plays kind of the exact same list every time, so it really shouldn't matter to him I guess (I actually think only Licious would be effected). Oh, if you're playing before I get home, TheProphet also got a copy of Battle Missions if you want to play one of those. We haven't tried any CSM missions yet, and only one marine mission (the one where the marines enters play from all around the opposing army).

Good thinking. Tell me if you wan't to borrow one, you can just use one of my Sentinel-constructs. Or borrow one from TheProphet.

Ah, good call with apoth-idea. It would be cool if you could get your hand on a Bile-miniature to use the drug-parts of his backpack. Actually, I might have one of those lying around after my Cron-conversions. I'll look into it if you want one.

Archived