Hounds Of Anubis

Hi all guys, a friend of mine is going to start a new sm army using codex space wolves but with an egyptian background, so instead of the wolf they will have the hound-headed god :lol:

The idea is to have a sand color power armour and so here there is the test model painted by a his friend

gallery_29636_4691_2422565.png

gallery_29636_4691_875643.png

gallery_29636_4691_1717515.png

We like the overall schema but have some doubts for the red shoulder pad (for next test it will be darker) and also the golden pad border, at the moment the idea is to have different borders for different squads (long fangs, gray hunters, wolf guards and so on) and the main colour for his long fang should be gold but this gold is not so nice to me

We will appreciate your comments and opinions :(

So far I like what I see :) If I may make a suggestion I think you should paint the heads black, looking at many pictures of anubis ,well colored ones I've seen, his head is normally black and with the sand colored armor it may give it that SM zing-pow :huh:

So far I like what I see :) If I may make a suggestion I think you should paint the heads black, looking at many pictures of anubis ,well colored ones I've seen, his head is normally black and with the sand colored armor it may give it that SM zing-pow :D

Or maybe paint the sergeants heads black?

thank you for your comments!

yes battle damage is too strong indeed it need to be reduced a bit

as far as i remember we agreed about dark red head (like shoulders) for sergents, we never thought about black but can be a good idea :)

what about the gold? i still think that it doesn't stand enought from the dark part of armour and pouches!

Have you thought about mixing in some Thousand Suns bits to add to the Egyptian feel? If you plan on doing Terminators I think it would be really neat to re-do their helmets to be jackyl heads. Otherwise, it sounds like an interesting idea.

Mi piace questa miniatura, particolarmente il fondo egiziano ;)

Penso se pittura - per esempio - il elmo e le ginocchia col rosso identico come la palla, la miniatura apparisce più buia?

Anch'io penso che devi provare argento. L'argento è più adatto dell'oro...

Scusi per eventuali errori ^^

I quite like the pale colour for the armour, and the red contrasts nicely with it. I like the red shoulder pad, but it would give the model slightly more balance if you do both pads the same colour. I see what you mean about the gold disappearing behind the red for the pad trim, maybe try a slightly darker gold? Or maybe a touch lighter red?

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon for black helmets for sergeants and characters. So maybe go with red helmets for normal troopers? Just an idea ^_^

Archived