Combi-Meltas on Rhinos

what SHOULD be taken on a Rhino in a competitive list?

The way I see it, nothing. They work well as is.

Except for skulls... Rhinos work really well with lots of skulls on them :rolleyes:

I put a combi-melta on every rhino, and 8/10 times they get used. The extra shot can kill a tank when I want the squad to kill infantry, and it's also an extra weapon to destroy from hits before the whole thing goes up. Four bolter shots always seems useful as well. All told, 20 points well spent and I highly suggest it.

I put a combi-melta on every rhino, and 8/10 times they get used. The extra shot can kill a tank when I want the squad to kill infantry, and it's also an extra weapon to destroy from hits before the whole thing goes up. Four bolter shots always seems useful as well. All told, 20 points well spent and I highly suggest it.

It also looks awesome, as well as fluffy.

So now I AM hearing from some pro-melta guys :D But yeah, I think I will at least assemble them from the sprue so I can always have the option of messing up some enemy tanks.

You should magnetize or leave unglued all that sort of stuff anyway. If you want to use it, there you go.

Combiflamer, but rather have a havoc launcher after I tank shock and lay down a rerollable scatter dice blast weapon.

There are times I take it on a rhino with berzerkers, just because the zerkers cant have meltas. Same said about thousand sons. Only in a case of scarcity.

I like the 2nd TL Bolter, cheap and provides some extra punch at close range, plus you can move/fire it as well.

As for the Combi-Melta, I used to think it would be more useful to put on the Rhino since it also provides an extra Bolter but now I'm not so sure. I might put it on an AC instead, since its a bit safer there.

Combi-Meltas on Rhinos. Are they worth their points? Broadening the question, what SHOULD be taken on a Rhino in a competitive list?

Put it on the champion instead. Thats what I do. If the rhino moved 12" it can't shoot... but if the squad gets out he still can. Its a lot more likely to get used IMO.

What should be taken on a rhino? Smoke launchers.. they come standard but you should have them modeled for sure :mellow: !

tell me ...how many combi-meltas can i put on a Rhino based army?I use it only in Chosen's rhino..
1 per Chaos lord, 1 per Sorceror in Terminator armour, 1 per Chaos Terminator, 1 per CSM Aspiring Champion, 1 per Chaos Rhino, 1 per Plague Champion, 1 per Chaos Havoc Aspiring Champion, 1 per Chaos Predator, 1 per Chaos Vindicator, and 1 per Chaos Land Raider.

My question is, why would you? :)

A lot. A CSM squad in a rhino could have 4, Chosen in a rhino 5, Havoks in a rhino... 6. Obliterators 1 each. Lords can take them.

Lord, 6 CSMs in rhinos, 3 havoks in rhinos. Over 30.... probably to many.

I've never done this, but we talked about it after a tournament recently. I usually go combi-flamer when I have points for the plague champions. I made a four combi-melta chosen squad once. It works OK actually.

For my rhinos I like the Havoc launcher, but next rhino I make I will magnetize it, as sometimes you just have points for plane. I see people who always take extra armor on their rhinos, I've never thought it was worth it for ten points. Maybe on a landraider... The old ablative armor wargear card was the bomb. So was plus one AV for parasitic possession too.

Makin's some new HQ, may do a new rhino for this tournament, but I may not have time.

http://blog.muschamp.ca/2010/03/24/fresh-recruits/

I've been reevaluating the plasma pistol as an option versus the combi-melta for the champ...

Archived