Word Bearer returning...some questions

krystalmesh

Hey everyone, I am a long time player of Death Guard (I would say since 01-06) but I had dropped out of the scene for a while. I have always wanted to do a Word Bearer army and have had army lists for years. I have only now finally decided to get back into gaming and really want to get this WB army going. I picked up the most recent codex and have noticed that there isnt a WB section anymore. Am I missing something? Or do WB armies only count as undivided armies now with now special rules (chaplains, accursed crozius, cultists, etc) I do know that deamons have been separated into their own codex which I am fine with, I have never really played the deamon card much anyways, at least not in my death guard armies. I was just wondering if someone could shead some light on this for me - if its my own oversight or if the WB's are now just a basic Chaos army. Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it.

WB are now a colour scheme..

+1 to that.

For the most part, what makes an army a WB army vs anything is self inflicted choices to appeal to the fluff of the last codex. This means using Daemons, no Cult Troops etc.

I kind of though that was the case. So the use of chaplains (dark apostles) cultists, and that awesome crozius is no longer available to us any longer? Thats a shame.

Well, making a Dark Apostle with the new Codex actually isn't difficult at all - just give your Chaos Lord the Mark of Tzeentch and a Power Weapon, and you're set! All the effects of an Imperial Chaplain, replicated. Yes, it's 'counts as,' but that's the name of the game anymore.

I do think I am going to attempt to go forward with the army anyways, as I have been telling myself I would for roughly a decade now. I would have just liked the added WB-ish factor of the front line of cultists charging, and the apostle weilding that crozius. not to mention that demagog ability they once had.

But I will try that mark of T you had mentioned Lexington, I hadnt thought of that at all. Definately going to run possessed - looking forward to that actually.

Anyways thats a lot for the responses, the help is greatly appreciated.

I do think I am going to attempt to go forward with the army anyways, as I have been telling myself I would for roughly a decade now. I would have just liked the added WB-ish factor of the front line of cultists charging, and the apostle weilding that crozius. not to mention that demagog ability they once had.

Your army will never be "just a basic Chaos army" if you have a vision that you work with during the different stages of your hobby. Of course you should make that cool acccursed crozius, and rightly use it as a daemon weapon - because that's exactly what it is. Good luck! I'm sure you will have a great time with the best of legions!

Check this discussion to understand more what I mean: just click the link.

Archived