FW Showcase Space Marine conversion

Replica

its been a while since i posted some pics so heres a couple. Im still kind of toying with the final pose, im leaning towards something like this:

Im thinking of this, with him holding the Crozius Arcanum aloft in his left hand. I was also thinging of him holding a skull like the legion of the damned leader, the old one. And perhaps having his Crozius attached to his belt?

gallery_49031_4701_214175.jpg

my other thought was something like this:

Holding the Crozius Arcanum at his side? might be cool

gallery_49031_4701_25775.jpg

As i said im leaning towards the first picture but cast your votes brothers! If you like the first one too please let me know if you think the Crozius Arcanum or the skull?

In these pics you can see the studs ive added. I didn't want to over do these by having a whole shoulder-pad or leg covered in them, im trying to preserve the nice big flat areas for the paint job :)

all C&C is welcome!

Thanks for looking!

Replica

1st pose, Crozius held aloft. Most definitely.

2nded

for your inspiration:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1240809_99060101302_SMUMCassiusmain_445x319.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1370128_99060105010_BitzMordianOfficerMain_445x319.jpg

http://www.darklined.com/assets/gallery/sergeant-centurius/centurius_web_1.jpg

haha, yeah i think i agree with you all! Cheers for the pics wiplash, made me realise this might be the galaxy's first left handed chaplain! :wacko:

Thought id put this pic up here, it shows the torso with 2 different backpacks, the one from the sideshow marine and the original FW one (HUUUGE), while i have decided to go with the original FW one, i thought it was interesting how ( IMO ) the sideshow one fits better!

gallery_49031_4701_50776.jpg

Heres a picture of the sideshow bare head im thinking about using, next to the dis-proportionately huge FW head. This is from the blood angel, and even has fangs! (hard to see them because the polystone is really white)

gallery_49031_4701_67517.jpg

Finally here is an updated picture of the helmet. I think i might magnetize the head so i can swap between helmet and head. I considered hollowing out the helmet so it could be put on over the head but i reckon it might end up scratching up the head.

gallery_49031_4701_45381.jpg

Im still working on the pose, but it will be the first one, ALOFT! :P

Thanks for looking!

Replica

I agree with Midas on painting them all and choosing the best combination. The original FW head has a nice disdainful and haughty look to it but it does look a little big. Hollowing out the helmet would be a great idea if you can get it on and off without messing up the face every time. I don't know how you could do that but I would love to see it.

Yeah, im defiantly going to be painting up the helmet and the polystone bare head, i don't mind the FW ones expression but its about the size of the helmet, so it can never fit inside it. I might give hollowing it out a go, Ive done some measurements and it could fit. It would be cool, and i might still do it, but im still weighing up the amount of work it would be and the risk of destroying the helmet vs the coolness of it.

As for the back pack, ive sold the polystone statue (minus head) so the back pack isn't really mine anymore, so im stuck with the FW one, which i don't mind. The shoulder pads are pretty huge too and with the huge backpack it really bulks up the top section.

Hello again,

Well progress has been a little slow but heres the pics of the arms and some final detailing to the legs.

First up is the left arm which will be holding the Crozius. I added some yo-yo string to look like the ropes the new Death Company have all over them and added a small blood drop charm.

gallery_49031_4701_21474.jpg

Well after looking at the pics and doing another mock up with blu-tac it became obvious the bolter was just too big. Which is a shame cause i really love the bolter you get with this kit. I used the bolt pistol you get with the kit and just transferred the scope. Something interesting is that i got a bunch of metal components with this kit, i was wondering if you have gotten this kit recently does it still come with metal or is it 100% resin now?

gallery_49031_4701_50008.jpg

Lastly ive added some more detail to the legs. The left leg has some rosary beads holding a small book to the belt, and i think i might ass a grail to it so it looks like a 'field kit' for the various pre and post battle rituals. The other leg has what will be a piece of paper (now its just a square of aluminum) chained to it. I likes the look for the legs on the librarian out of the new Dawn of War so i thought it would look cool on a chaplain.

gallery_49031_4701_43968.jpg

Thanks for looking, i hope to have some more pics up soon, im almost finished with the Crozius and the hand that will hold it.

Cheers,

Replica

Who puts a scope on a pistol. really? :lol:

Well, its more of a targeter than a scope now, i didn't like the idea of a marine using a conventional scope, but the answer as to who puts scopes on pistols would be target shooters, hunters, special forces, just about anyone who wants to fire accurately over long distance.

Brother Tyrax Posted Apr 14 2010, 02:44 AM

Paint everything, magnetise it all so you can have a range of things to make him look different many times?

For hollowing out the helmet, do you think you could get hold of another one from E-bay or somewhere as a practice?

Its a good idea, but im going to glue the arms, legs and torso all together, but i think im going to magnetize the heads, the Crozius and hand, and the back pack cause i might want to make another back pack. For Jumping.

Its possible someone who had bought one of these and used the bare head might sell the other one off on ebay but ive never seen one. It would be cool to have, its pretty big.

Now for some pics, here is the Crozius Arcanum, made from the skull that came with the kit and some Sanguine Guard back wings, really, really simple:

gallery_49031_4701_74317.jpg

Here we have the model, mocked up with blu-tac to get the pose, minus the Crozius:

gallery_49031_4701_74320.jpg

and with the bare head (minus back pack and shoulder pads):

gallery_49031_4701_37331.jpg

This guy is very close to being done as far as modeling is concerned and will soon be moving to the painting phase. not sure if i'll do a painting WIP, might just do it and put some pics in the hall of honor and showcase

Cheers,

Steve

Midas Posted Today, 03:11 PM

He needs a belt!

haha, yeah, theres some pouches and grenades that go on the belt, he has one but its real thin cause with the original belt he looked like he was wearing a skirt :lol:

Why don't you make a copy of the helmet and hollow one out, make one a skull, etc. It's your model now and as long as you don't sell them it should be ok. The process is extremely simple and allows for endless modeling possibilities. I also would like to add that I like the conversion thus far and the crozius looks very nice. The poly stone head looks good on him as well.

Why don't you make a copy of the helmet and hollow one out, make one a skull, etc. It's your model now and as long as you don't sell them it should be ok. The process is extremely simple and allows for endless modeling possibilities. I also would like to add that I like the conversion thus far and the crozius looks very nice. The poly stone head looks good on him as well.

yeah, what would you suggest as the best way to make a copy of the helmet? I have done a little copying using green stuff and magic sculpt etc, but nothing like a whole helmet.

yeah, what would you suggest as the best way to make a copy of the helmet? I have done a little copying using green stuff and magic sculpt etc, but nothing like a whole helmet.

I use a complete kit from alumalite. It has every thing you need to make two piece molds and the resin to cast. Here's a link. Pm me if you have any questions. http://www.alumilite.com/

Archived