BrotherMoses Baal Predator

So I started on this Baal Predator a long time ago when I was just slopping paint on things to get ready for a tournament. Anyways, I was feeling really dejected looking at the neglected machine so I decided to give it a coat of blood red thinned down to see what it would look like. Well, it smoothed it out quite a bit. There are still a few rough spots and strange glares on it, but they only seem to be invisible when you look really close and turn it at angles to catch the light. So I've decided to finish fixing it up for this challenge for BA players we're having over in our forum. This thread will be my log for this project and hopefully a place to get some constructive feedback on my progress as a hobbyist.

I've just put 3 coats of thinned blood red on this thing and got it to as even a coat as I think its going to get. The next step will be to add highlights. I've got Jawaballs youtube video as a guide. So far I've broken my plans down into steps on how I think it will go. I'll list them now for criticism and reference:

1. first highlight

2. wash

3. final highlight

4. detail work on turret. Including BA symbol, assault cannon, ammo hatch, hatches, and pintle mounted storm bolter.

5. detail work hull. BA symbol, headlights, nameplate, windows, sponsons, and Imperial Eagle on the rear

6. figure out some sort of free hand design to put on the tank. I'm thinking yellow and black checkers somewhere.

7. Divine the name of the machine spirit and place it upon the holy nameplate.

The main purposes of this experiment are to experiment with red once again, practice highlighting(esp. red), and brush control with a free hand design. Once again I invoke the muses of legend to inspire me in this undertaking and guide my artistic instinct.

pictures coming soon

Too red? TOO RED?! Its the Blood Angels boy, they can't be too red!

I really like it Brother Moses, the slightly orange highlights (or it may be the camera flash?!) give it an old school BA vibe. Once you have finished all the details it should be a thing of beauty.

ID

Archived