Can my Terminator Sergent have a chainfist?

waaanial00

OK so didnt consider this to be an issue as

"any terminator can..."

seemed to me to suggest that the Sergent can exchange his power weapon with the Chainfist. Did I make a wrong assumption or have I missed something?

I dont want to cheat my opponent tonight so wouldnt mind a quick yes or no from one of you gents and ladies (we need more ladies on this forum)

Wan

I'd say you could but why get rid of the only weapon striking at initiative in the squad? Sure, can openers are nice but I'd put them on my regular Terminators if running a Codex list, just in case you run into infantry, you have something getting rid of people fast.

Well the biggest reason is that I hate my Power Weapon Sgt model, he's the old metal one and I dont like his static pose. That and I dont ever seem to wound with my power weapons (though I rarely hit with my power fists mind you).

Still if no one thinks of a solid reason I will run with it. I cant imagine its going to make much impact on the game, though I will tell my opponent. I know him quite well and he wont have a problem either way, its more me that will get annoyed if I cheat someone.

Wan

I just checked the codex and i was wrong, the unit has 4 terminators and 1 terminator sergeant, both have seperate stat lines even thought they are identical.

following this id probaby say that only a terminator can take upgrades for terminators, a terminator sergeant could not..

The answer is no he can't have a chainfiist as in order to get one he must replace his powerfist. Termy sarges don't have a powerfist to replace.

Cheers

I

Thanks all, didnt get the whole picture before the game though to be honest the result would have been the same as I didnt engage anything where a power weapon would hae been of use and the Dreadnought I engaged didnt take any harm fromt he power fists I threw at it so its all good.

Still thanks for the ruling, I didnt read the entry in detail it would seem. Still thats probably because I have only just started using Chainfist upgrades.

Wan

Still thanks for the ruling, I didnt read the entry in detail it would seem. Still thats probably because I have only just started using Chainfist upgrades.

Oh the madness......

Chainfists are the best 5 point upgrades you can get for terminators. (especially for my Ultrawing which lacks in AT so much) They are better than Meltabombs since you use WS to hit and you also get more than 1A. Obvious downside is the initiative thing but against almost all vehicles that doesn't matter.

Oh the madness......

Oh I know, the only thing stopping me before was my lack of Chainfists and the fact that I havent really run Tactical Terminators in this codex. IN fact I have only used Terminator armour in about 6 games since the new codex, 2 of which were in the last two weeks.

Still question answered. Thanks to all

Wan

Archived