Custom Sternguard Veteran Sergeant

RIGHT-Titan

I took the Emperor's Champion model from the Command Squad box, changed the shoulder pads to a different set also included. and modified the large standard to be held in his Powerfist instead of equiping him with the sword he would normally have.

I've more or less finished painting.. a few touch ups here and there... and I still need to base it.

First attempt at freehanding. Freehanded the ULTRA on the shield and the whole banner.

C&C welcome.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7936/34271568.jpg

Took the pic really quickly on my iphone.. I try to throw up some other angles when I get home so I can get C&C on the robe portion..

Eh... looks nice, but also looks just like a company champion with a powerfist instead of a sword and deathwatch shoulderpads...and a ludicrously large banner.

Sternguard sergeants also can't take combat or storm shields, but that's minor and you could explain that away.

I would personally not have modeled him with a banner or shield just for any confusion that may cause.

Also a minor thing, but his helmet should have a red stripe on it to designate veteran sergeant status.

Yeah I still need to add the stripe.. along with a couple of touch ups.. All my guys have a banner, I wanted something to differentiate the sternguard serg so he got a huge banner..

The shield has the gun on the other side... I just did it for effect really..

Archived