Black Templar Multi Melta Marine

Iago

So here he is. I am trying to move away from "tabletop standard" and actually take more time to paint the models in my collection. The flash made the highlights look very extreme so did the white background. But the squad looks impressive up close, and compared to my other models... well I am happy to say the least. Constructive crit is appreciated....

Cheers

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/MarshalAugustine/Black%20Templars/Painting%20WIP/Squad%20V/DSCN0832.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/MarshalAugustine/Black%20Templars/Painting%20WIP/Squad%20V/DSCN0829.jpg

perhaps wash the colored cables? maybe do a hazard stripe on the yellow one? the center of the MM's targeting sight looks plain. can you spiff that up a bit with the blue of the screen and maybe some thing light lines repsenting an image of some sort?

My only gripe would be the faceplate. It looks kind, um... well... I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess it looks... Cartoony. The lense color over the face mask, I just don't like it. The rest of the model looks gorgeous though! I love your work, Iago!

Never use a flash to take a picture of models. Look through your camera manual to see what white balance options, if any, that it has. Try and get hold of some photo editing software - even Microsoft Picture Manager which comes on some computers has a colour balance tool.

Hard to give any feedback on the model with small pics. Tidy up the edge of the base, maybe another highlight on the red so to match the starkness that you've got with the black.

Archived