Names

Clewz

Just wondering do you guys come up with names for the HQs and units in your forces or do you just play them as is?

If you do where do you draw inspiration from?

You can draw inspiration from anywhere; films, books, music.

Or you could do what George R R Martin does and simply drop or letters; Eddard from Edward.

What unit are you naming, can you give us background info on who he is and what chapter.

I'm sure with a little from you we of the B&C will come up with several possible names that can at least jumpstart your inspiration a lil

Z

What unit are you naming, can you give us background info on who he is and what chapter.

I'm sure with a little from you we of the B&C will come up with several possible names that can at least jumpstart your inspiration a lil

Z

Well its an Alpha legion force I'm starting. Just need a name for the chaos lord really.

Well, then you can simply call him Alpharius as all legion members use to call themselves Alpharius, otherwise you can also not to call him by true name (as legion likes secrets), but give hime name that was given to him by imperials, like Shade, Ghost, Wraith or something else...

Heres my suggestion on what to call your Alpha Legion Lord - Clandestinitas. It means "secrecy" in Latin, which i think is quite fitting for an Alpha Legionaire.

Of course you could play around with the word a little though to make it more fitting or appropriete for a name by changing the C to a K, or something simple like that!

Hope its helped!

Hmmm, yeah, I like the idea of using a Latin word to name a character, as it will sound awesome and also reflect a bit on your character. My example would be my "sorcerer," 1st Captain Janus. Janus is the Roman two-faced god, which I thought would represent a psychically sensitive right-hand man's views on power and how to get it.

Well in honesty, in any battle the Alpha Legion had versus, well anyone, they all sought very hard to seems all the same. All using the same names, and never telling anyone what that name was unless absolutely necessary, i.e. in Legion when the Alpha Legion had to negotiate with the Imperial Army and the Cabal. Granted Black Library is not Chaos canon, it does portray what I have come to believe the Alpha Legion was trying to do. They are THE premier special ops Legion, even moreso than any loyal Chapter (so far) or Legion.

But if you're wanting a name for him, I'll give it some thought, and post back in here either today or tomorrow.

Z

Roboute Gulliman. If you ever face the Ultras, continually claim that you are really their primarch and that the guy in stasis is an Alpha Legion impostor, then accuse them of treason for fighting their own primarch.

Roboute Gulliman. If you ever face the Ultras, continually claim that you are really their primarch and that the guy in stasis is an Alpha Legion impostor, then accuse them of treason for fighting their own primarch.

ROFL

Archived