ironclad dreadnought for a white panthers army

Dusktiger

so i'm painting an ironclad for my white panthers army, and im trying to think of how i want the color scheme done on the dread to match the troops.

this is the heraldry for a white panther of 3rd company.

spacemarine.jpg

i'm painting their weapon casings red. so red bolters, red meltas, etc. im also thinking i might make powerfists red too since its technically a weapon. (give me your thoughts on that point too; red fist, or black?)

now here's my two ideas on how to paint the dreadnought:

gallery_39941_4505_563956.jpg

and:

gallery_39941_4505_643858.jpg

which do you think is better?

so after more thought, and now that i've got the whites and blacks on the arms, i was thinking i'd so it like this. i'm gonna be fielding it with the chainfist/meltagun and CCW arm/heavy flamer options.

gallery_39941_4505_57540.jpg

I have to agree with everyone else, first one is definitely the better of the schemes.

I have to ask though, why purple? In theory wouldn't red be a closer choice for in the gaps?

.......the gaps arent purple. you guys were confusing me on where in the world your seeing purple. that's just a pic of the ultrasmurfs one on the box and i photoshopped the main panels to shades close enough to black and white without totally washing out the details. the model 'is' white with black irl. i'll post pics later of what i got done so far

update: here's the figure painted up to tabletop standards so it can be put into play on the board.

overall, im quite happy with how nice this looks in person. the red weapons really stand out nicely.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs458.ash1/25168_423746791223_560991223_5570144_5728571_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs418.snc3/25168_423746796223_560991223_5570145_472377_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs438.snc3/25168_423746801223_560991223_5570146_7878763_n.jpg

The dready looks good, a lovely white you have going on there. As you specifically mentioned table top, I assume you are going to add some details at a later time? Some decals/free hand would really finish the thing off.

@ Perfernicus, why would the White Panthers start a civil war over a predator design? Hell, even the Admech haven't done anything to retrieve the template. The template itself is kept securely inside the chapters vaults as a relic, so short of invading the Blood Angels fortress monastery there is no way they Panthers could get their grubby paws on it.

iD

The dready looks good, a lovely white you have going on there. As you specifically mentioned table top, I assume you are going to add some details at a later time? Some decals/free hand would really finish the thing off.

yea, once i get the list up to a 1500pt army, which i've already worked out the list for, i'm going to go back and slowly improve the paint jobs on everything.

i'm still trying to figure out what way i wanna go with the chapter symbols as i dont have enough freehand experience to wanna do the panther head just yet. and im hesitant to do the decal sheets from the vault here because my printer doesnt 'always' print them crisply enough. i tried another one before that was a white symbol on black, and due to the size, the black ink crackled on every one when it dried. really sucked.

i'm debating an idea i had about maybe taking the space wolf head and painting it like their symbol. anyone think that might look good? white wolf on black background? i think the snouts might be too sharp pointed so i might have to smooth them down to look more catty.

i also might use a micron pen and write on some script works onto the model too if i think that it would look nice.

oh, and the white i used? it's the white primer spray that P3 makes. it is a really nice white, isn't it? its very nice to work with and so long as i shake it every 3 or 4 passes, it stays consistent, and, it's a pretty fast drying color too. so long as i hold it lightly, i can start working with it only 15 minutes later.

Archived