The Twilight Immortal

Bloodstone

decided to paint up a Marneus Calgar model to be my counts as Calgar. I call him the Twilight Immortal, Chosen who are given the honour of donning the armor of the Immortal Eye as his avatar.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/087/d/7/Twilight_Immortal_by_raveka.jpg

View more of my other works on my dA - http://raveka.deviantart.com/

CnC are welcome.

I really like the gore effect you produced on the fist! Soupy.

I see that there is some sculpting going on over the face, but i can't tell what its supposed to be. can you elaborate

I hope the bloody carnage you've got in this mini carries throught too the rest of the army.

I really like the gore effect you produced on the fist! Soupy.

I see that there is some sculpting going on over the face, but i can't tell what its supposed to be. can you elaborate

I hope the bloody carnage you've got in this mini carries throught too the rest of the army.

Thanks. The helmet was sculpted to have a visor over his face similar to those medieval helmets that merely had a faceplate with several holes to see through. Then i added some embossing here and there on the helmet as well, no major sculpting was done to preserve the original beauty of the model itself. i just didnt like calgar's ugly face.

Thank the Emperor, I was expecting to see a Sparkling vampire BA model.

Phew :sweat:

no chance of that, all those spakley vampire guys where purged in last weeks routine mutant check......

bloody mutants.

edit: i forgot to comment on your mini :sweat: i realy like the idea of the helmet, SPACE KNIGHTS, AWAY!

thanks for the CnC everyone. very much appreciated.

MattCrawford: The blotchy areas are the result of using ink instead of the new wash i usually use...i used up all of my washes and only had a bottle of black ink on hand at the time for shading, so i just took the risk instead.

Retributis & lunchb0x: As i mentioned, the helmet is supposed to look like a helmet of old knights.

I think the head needs filing back a bit, or the mask needs extending over more of the face. It sort of reminds me of Ernie.

Did you varnish the model with matt or the shiny kind? It's just that some parts look smooth, and others quite grainy, and I think it kind of detracts from the nice paint scheme.

I think the head needs filing back a bit, or the mask needs extending over more of the face. It sort of reminds me of Ernie.

Did you varnish the model with matt or the shiny kind? It's just that some parts look smooth, and others quite grainy, and I think it kind of detracts from the nice paint scheme.

Gloss varnish, graininess and smoothness on different areas is from the photoshopping to auto level the light and sharpen detail in the shot.

Archived