Mephiston

jah-joshua

Been waiting for you to paint this one up Jah.

First off, can't fault the painting at all. 'Eavy metal quality +. The overly red bottom lip looks a bit wierd but that might be blood or what not.

My main problem with the miniature is with the scale and proportions. Because you've used the molded GS bits to bulk up the figure, he looks a lot wider than he should. The muscled torso also extends too far down to fit properly on the dark angel robed legs, so what you end up with is a mini with barely any thighs. I think if you had added some extra space between where the torso ended and where the dark angel legs started, it would greatly improve the look of the figure.

The old berserker heads were also fairly large in comparison to modern bare heads and when you modeled hair on top of it, it comes out even larger than it should. I can see why you did the strands but on a model that small, it comes out look a little like dreadlocks. This is why you'll see most sculptors doing hair out of a solid piece and then adding texture instead of going the strand by strange route.

Overall, the painting is fantastic. The conversion is definitely innovative and your GS work is solid technically. I'm just pointing out a few things that I feel may improve your next conversion from an artistic perspective.

fair points Titan136...

this has definitely been a learning experience...

the only point i can debate is that i did add space at the waist, almost 1/4 inch...

it actually made the problem worse, in hindsight...

the problem stems from the location of the knees on the plastic body...

the only solution that i can think of now would be to have cut off the feet, and extended the shins a bit...

live and learn...

cheers

jah

Archived