Imperial Fists or pre-heresy Iron Warriors

I'm also torn (a fan of IFs, but I'm on a very pre-Heresy vibe in regard to the traitor chapters atm). Looks like quality paint jobs on both counts. Imperial Fists are instantly recognisable, while you'd possibly have to explain the Pre-HH Iron Warriors every time someone not in the know saw them.

I'd also go with the Fists (though I'm a bit biased ;) ).

But on a serious note, while the Imperial Fists are instantly recognized by almost everyone, you'll be lucky to ever see another Fists player in your life outside of Games Days and such. For me, that was a huge selling point - not only are your models immediately recognized as Fists, but soon, you become "the Fists Player" in your region. It's like playing Ultramarines without the Ultrahate, but yellow :D

Seconded. Do both, fighting together in some long forgotten joint action that neither side is keen to remember. Maybe you could set it up as the beginnings of the schism that boiled over upon Dorn's assignment of the defence of the imperial palace on Earth.

Pre-heresy obviously.

I'm a Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists player, so I should be expected to urge you to do Fists...but in fact, I have NEVER seen an Iron Warriors Pre-Heresy force...so do Iron Warriors! (Or both!) :P

I have to agree w/ ufthak, as a CSM player, I like looking at all the pre-Heresy armies people make, and the one I haven't seen is Iron Warrior, you might be the only fists player in your area, but you'll be the first IW I'd ever see...if you go IW i'd like to see the WIP

Archived