Kill team army composition rules

Frostwolf

Not sure if this should be in an army list sub-forum but I thought this is more in the rule clarification department. My Search-Fu having seemingly completely left me, I come to you.

Like the title says, the question is about vehicles in kill teams. Can they be taken in the list composition? Can a marine kill team be composed of a dreadnought? And while we're at it, can you put that dread in a drop pod? Are transport vehicles accepted as well?

Thanks in advance for the help.

The rules are a bit shakey for kill team so house rules tend to come into play.

These however are how it should be. Yes you can take a Dread and yes it can do in a drop pod. Transport vehicles are accepted as well. They also count towards the number of units you have in total for the LD check.

We house rule that vehicles have no LD value and that if it is just the vehicle left and you have to start taking LD checks then you automatically fail. So a Dread and a drop pod using our house rules would be easy to beat as you kill the drop pod.

Its not a house rule at all, on either case.

If it can fit into the allowed FOC slots, you can take it.

And if you lose half or more of your models you take a LD check using the highest Ld on your team. Vehicles have - Ld, which is an automatic fail. (Note it is the player that takes the test, not the model, as such things like fearless, stuborn, or any other special rules have no impact on these tests)

I was only mentioning the last to be house rule as there are some instances where it says 'if the target is a vehicle assume LD10'. To avoid anyone bringing that up we said no.

We did house rule multiple models being allowed in vehicles as well, as technically you are only allowed one unit i.e. one model.

Archived