tervigon vs trygon cover save

khurdur

I have games vs 'nids coming up, and I know my opponent is going to have 6 monstrous creatures...he plans on screening his 2 trygons with a tervigon each to give them a 4+ cover save...

Now, there is no model for a tervigon. The pic in the nids codex shows a 4 legged creature

I f we assume it is as big as a carnifex but on 4 legs it should be less than half the height of a trygon, so no cover save.

What do you think?

in a related note, the discriptio of the tervigon had me thinking it was a bit bigger than a fex, but in a crouchier position. The GW sugestion for building one was to use parts from the fex, trygon, and tyrant boxes (though I beleive this is likely motivated by the $160 some price tag such a kitbash would cost)

Depends if he's modelled his Trygon into the default "no really, a multi-ton bug *can* balance on its tail" pose, or reposed it into something more realistic.

I would imagine the tail muscles are extremely powerful. As an example, I believe a flea can jump extremely far for it's size (in human scale something stupidly high, something like the effiel tower or something) or the dung beetle which can exert some extreme power (thats for it's size, if upped to human size it would be substanily larger). So yes, a 'multi-ton creature can balance on it's tail which is also spreading out it's mass over a larger area due to the curled formation'. If the thing can tear a larger apart and tunneling underground I see the whole pose as very plausible. However if it were balancing on the TIP of it's tail then I'd start questin model design!

Ahem, anyway yes, 50% of the trygon must be covered however if your tyranid opponent is concerned his trygons are going to get shot then he must of not read the tervigon rules, he will tie up your shooting with FREE troops that can score I believe or he will get the trygons into your army while you blast the little bugs down. IMHO: he WILL get into close combat whether you like it or not.

Depends if he's modelled his Trygon into the default "no really, a multi-ton bug *can* balance on its tail" pose, or reposed it into something more realistic.

As an example, I believe a flea can jump extremely far for it's size (in human scale something stupidly high, something like the effiel tower or something) or the dung beetle which can exert some extreme power (thats for it's size, if upped to human size it would be substanily larger). So yes, a 'multi-ton creature can balance on it's tail which is also spreading out it's mass over a larger area due to the curled formation'. If the thing can tear a larger apart and tunneling underground I see the whole pose as very plausible. However if it were balancing on the TIP of it's tail then I'd start questin model design!

Actualy if a flea or beatle were scaled up to human size they would most likely be signifigantly weaker than us, also they would likely suffocate. Suffocation would be due to the insects respitory system not being part of their circulatory system, operating via diffusion, which doesnt work on a larger scale. The strength bit is due to the square cube law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law).

But still, the arguemnet for the trygon starts and ends with "crazy tyranid biology"

I still think it looks stupid stood on its tail. I don't care about biology, it just fails the rule of cool. Nothing that big looks good balanced upright like that.

Archived