Revitalising my BA

ancient god

Hey guys, glad you like how the eyes look. :lol: I really happy with how they came out myself.

I usually paint fine details like eyes and faces late in my painting sessions. That way I have some hours of painting time to get a feel for the brush tip and how fast the paint dries on that day and get a good control in general.

That doesn't mean that everything works in a magical fashion though. I make far less mistakes than at the start of the session, but at that scale I still make lots. So it took me a couple of tries on the second eye to make it match with the first, but in the end I was happy with the result.

So I'd say it's about preparation and brush practise. If you've practised enough to be able to paint straight freehand markings, nice and clean highlights and all that, and you've been painting for a couple of hours, try doing some very fine details - it might come more naturally than you thought.

I used a beaten up GW Standard Brush, by the way. It's lost a couple of hairs but it has a nice tip on it. You don't need a really tiny brush, just one with a good tip that you can comfortably control.

Dem, I know what you mean. Fortunately, she rarely does that. She prefers to leave other tokens of ...affection around the house. :rolleyes:

really? all mine leave me are droppings in the litterbox and a nagging session when i get home when they demand food :D they do come and offer praise later during the day though so i guess it evens out :blush:

generally when im playing a game though they become curious and decide to "cast a warp presence" in my BFG games or make some models fly with the carnifex syndrom during 40k :(

• 3 months later...

Archived