Space Wolves Wolf Priest (Chaplain)

Stryke

Hi all, finally got around to painting my wolf priest (which is an awesome model) after 4/5 years of neglect.

So far, his face and gold armour trims are done and I am working my way through the wolf skulls (6!!!!!!).

I also tried to do 'realistic' metallic lighting effects on the bottom handle of the crozarius (sp) so any feedback would be most welcome.

gallery_16460_4694_157151.jpg

gallery_16460_4694_226754.jpg

very cool. I love the model, and have one myself that I've also neglected to paint for a while.

I'm not sure how you achieved that effect on the bottom of the wolf crozius, but it looks wicked. I'm very impressed. I'd suggest using that technique on all of the metallic surfaces. Or at least the rounded ones, like the shoulder pad trims.

Mind giving a recipe for the gold? I'm struggling to find something that works for me.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the response, for the gold I started with a basecoat of 50/50 Shining Gold and Scorched Brown. Then when this was dry, layered this with Shining Gold and then gave it a wash of Devlan Mud. For the crozarious effect, I simply added more devlan mide to the dark side and more shining gold to the other, and put a bit of Mithril Silver on the edges of where the shiny bit me the dark bits. I would like to replicate the effect on the armour trims, but I'm too lazy :P.

It's looking real cool, but I can't really tell the amount of work from the pics, but if the rest of the metallic is like the bottom of the arcanum then it should be good. Just make sure you shade and highlight the metallic colour and you should be fine.

Archived