A little moan about the rules . . .

mmui4670

Basically it is harder to hit a vehicle if it has moved ( which makes sense realistically )

But (and heres where my annoyance lies ) it is NO harder to shoot something out of a vehicle that is moving ( my example being ork lootaz out of a trukk )

now orks are not the best at shooting in general , and realistically being in a fast moving trukk is NOT going to help that . . . .

but in the game it doesn't hinder them at all !!!!! LAAAAME !!!!!!!

Any thoughts kids ???

++ Changed excessive caps to lowercase. Online caps mean 'SHOUTING' and we all want less of that :confused:. I ++

Ouch; you deafened me with your capitalisation...

Vehicles are only harder to hit of moving in close combat... right...? I'm bad at remembering rules.#

Anyway, I guess someone shooting from a vehicle already has enough working against them killing a unit in the form of the initial to hit roll, then a to wound roll, then a cover/armour save. The only way to implement it would be that any unit that is fired upon from a vehicle gets, say, a 4+ cover save. Which most of the time may be redundant.

I am confused on what your query is?

A group of Ork Lootas in a Trukk cannot fire if the Trukk moves because Deffguns are heavy weapons.

Looking at his other posts Captain mmui4670 seems to have all sails down to catch the winds of the isle of Cruise Control.

Anything that's in a moving vehicle counts as moving, so no Heavy Weapons at all and Rapid Fire weapons can only shoot 12" (spray fire) not targeted shots at 24". Which means only Assault weapons (which are designed to be fired on the move).

So I don't really see what your complaint is.

Anything that's in a moving vehicle counts as moving, so no Heavy Weapons at all and Rapid Fire weapons can only shoot 12" (spray fire) not targeted shots at 24". Which means only Assault weapons (which are designed to be fired on the move).

And even then they can only fire if it moves 6 inches or less so it's not like it can zoom around full speed and have them fire.

And even then they can only fire if it moves 6 inches or less so it's not like it can zoom around full speed and have them fire.

This is true. It's worth specifically noting that passengers in Fast vehicles don't gain the ability to fire as if they were Fast Vehicles themselves.

As others have pointed out -- the 'difficulty' in firing out of a moving vehicle is based on having less weapon types to use and those that can be used are reduced in capability.

Now, as this isn't actually a rules question per se, and as it seems to have been answered judiciously I'll close it down. Normally I'd move such things to Amicus or Tactica Astartes to open the discussion further, but honestly I believe there isn't much more that can be said.

However, if anyone feels a burning need to carry on this particular topic, PM me and I'll consider moving and reopening.

gallery_26_548_17134.jpg

Cheers

I

Archived