Sanguinary Guard

Lorenzen

Great work on these new BA models, I honestly think these san-guard models are some of the best designs to come out of Games Workshop, by all means, I'm only really a marine player and collector. And that is where I make my assumption, as a marine model, these dudes are awesome. More fitting to the fluff of the BA's I think, again, not really knowing much about the BA's. But they look as tough and as regal as a marine should. Also, lovin the swords, so good.

Great work again, colours are looking pretty sweet too, defs be keeping an eye on this =]

I can't for the life of me, see why there is such a fuss about the nipples. If you don't like them, two scrapes of a modeling knife and they're gone.

What I would love to do would be to remove the wrist mounted bolters, and add weaponized servo skulls floating around each model. the bolters seem like a last minute addition GW made right before the deadline, and didn't think through. Regardless, this might be a hard box of models to resist picking up

the wings are a bit annoying to keep in place as they only have a small surface to attatch to, but in most cases they touch the exhausts on the backpack itself so a second dab of glue and they become a lot stronger and sturdy.

scale wise theyre about a head taller than a normal marine, which isnt bad considering theyre jumping all over the place! (discounting the wings of course as they dont count for line of sight etc etc anyway.)

for now i have a gaming club to go to and batteries to buy for the camera.. but expect an update soon.. with axes this time.

Woooaah, has anyone else noticed how strangely he is holding that sword with both hands? Or am I just seeing something wrong :S

Yes: I was just about to say that. To me, it looks like his right hand should be turned 180 degrees. He's holding it like someone might hold a staff, or handlebars.

Not that's anything against the work here. Good job: keep it up! :angry:

i decided that the one model wasnt doing it for me.. he just wasnt as epic as his friend with the sword above his head, so i remodelled him!

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/typhion/S5031505-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/typhion/S5031506-1.jpg

i wanted to give him a buckler on his left arm, but the space between his shoulderpad and wrist was too small, so i kept it simple and didnt bother. ^_^

on a semi related note, working on blood angels to the sounds of future world music - aqua vitae makes the whole experience more worthwile.. although it will end up with you attempting to make everything "epic" to fit in

Wait is that spear actually on the Gaurd sprue? If yes I must pose one of my marines as Leonidas immediately!

No it's a lance from one of the Warhammer Fantasy knight ranges.

Like your models so far, i find the kit to be very versatile also! I like your idea of bright angelic good guys... but i couldnt have that!! As a flesh tearer player i have taken a different approach, they are all armed with the dock off swords (bought 2 boxes), as for the paint scheme, ive gone polar oppisite to you. A very dark brazen look with very pale faces and dark hair. Not to dissimilar from the GW astorath flesh tones. On a side note, with all the bits left over and a rummage around my bits box, i managed to creat a counts as dante, counts as DC tycho (which is looking pretty damn Pyscho!!) and a seth.

So all in all the boxes are very worth while. I spent £40 and got 5 Customised san guard, seth, dante and a DC tycho!! Saved myself a fair bit of money and made my models look alot more dynamic!... When i say saved, thats not exactly true as i own all the metal counterparts anyway... but if your new to BA its the way to go!!!!

Again mate, nice work, good green stuff hair foo! looking forward to seeing them fully painted.. If i was more of a tech head and owned a camera with more than 3mega pixels i would of posted some of my own!!

good luck

Liam

Archived