What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse

BrotherAtrox

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse

So between the Swallow novels, the bit of fluff about Dante attempting to unite the BA successors to defend Baal from Demons and whatnot, and the release of the new Codex this weekend: I decided to paint up a unit of mixed Blood Angels & Co. (or as a friend of mine put it, a "Sons of Sanguinius All-Stars" army). I usually get really bored painting the same scheme over and over again in an army so hopefully this will make things a bit easier for me.

Here have some music about vampires. :FA:

Squad Shot

gallery_23932_4730_1184870.jpg

Angels Sanguine Sgt.

gallery_23932_4730_460939.jpg

Blood Drinkers Vet.

gallery_23932_4730_1192407.jpg

Blood Drinkers Vet.

gallery_23932_4730_1141712.jpg

Angels Encarmine Vet.

gallery_23932_4730_1232683.jpg

Angels Vermilion Vet.

gallery_23932_4730_1000699.jpg

Flesheaters Vet.

gallery_23932_4730_193605.jpg

Not my best (certainly not very good by B&C standards, you people shame me!), and there's still trim work/repairs/etc. to be done with them but I told a fellow B&C member that I would have these up today. Do comment.

I like the idea you've got going so far, Its got knd of a crusader army theme to it. Are you planing on making a whole army to fit this theme?

My only suggestion would be to add a bit more variation to each model to make them stand out from the rest. How about some black saw tooth markings on the fleshtearers marine.

Hope to see more.

They all look pretty sweet, but no Flesh tearers :P

Don't you know? Flesh Tearers don't fire bolters, they let their fists do the shooting.

Loving the idea you have going and I love seeing some Flesh Eaters. I was disappointed that they were "consumed by war" in the new codex.

Looking forward to the combined assault squads.

I like the idea you've got going so far, Its got knd of a crusader army theme to it. Are you planing on making a whole army to fit this theme?

My only suggestion would be to add a bit more variation to each model to make them stand out from the rest. How about some black saw tooth markings on the fleshtearers marine.

Hope to see more.

Sawtooths on the Flesheater may work well, and I have some experience with that from an old White Scar squad I painted...

But yes, I plan to make a whole army like this. I've got another squad lined up on the table right now and plan to start this weekend if I can tear myself away from the new 'Dex (I think my copy comes in tomorrow?).

They all look pretty sweet, but no Flesh tearers :o

Oh they're coming, just not in the Sternguard. :P

Thats a really good idea, you get a great sense of variety in the amry.

Thank you! You must keep me appraised of your "All-Star" project as well.

Good job. Now we just need a Blood Sword, a Flesh Tearer and a Lamenter and you'll be good to go.

It's nice to see the Flesh Eaters and the Angels Encarmine. Haven't seen much of either.

According to Mat Ward, the Blood Sword's are not a BA successor. Then again he also says the Flesheaters were destroyed so I'm already breaking fluff...

Good to see them out of the Box.

Ikkon is sitting in front of the monitor... looking at them... picking his targets.

But good job, they look nice. I like the poses. Can't wait to play against them, its so rare we get fully painted... good painted armies facing off at the Cage.

IronWinds: If you'd actually come out when they're open we might be able to play a game.

We Worship Only What You Bleed

Here have some more music about vampires.

Update!

First 5 members of Tac Squad #1

gallery_23932_4730_755220.jpg

Blood Drinker

gallery_23932_4730_909152.jpg

Fleshtearer

gallery_23932_4730_985673.jpg

Next 5 members... next week sometime. I've got the GRE this weekend so I'll be super busy. Then I've got to get another Tac Squad, a Dreadnought, and some Terminators primed.

IronWinds: If you'd actually come out when they're open we might be able to play a game.

I plan on it... I had to miss last weekend, its not everyday your uncle get shipped to Afghanistan.

Why is the one yellow? It looks like an Imperial Fist, thats going to draw unwanted attention.

I plan on it... I had to miss last weekend, its not everyday your uncle get shipped to Afghanistan.

Why is the one yellow? It looks like an Imperial Fist, thats going to draw unwanted attention.

I do believe thats the Lamenters Chapter

• 2 weeks later...

A Cauldron of Hate

A nice track for a DC Chaplain.

Update #2

Rage

This notion of murder is no longer vague

Seethe

Your life I abominate

Rage

Boiling deep within my head

Seethe

My mind is a cauldron of hate

Chaplain Vittorio

gallery_23932_4730_500716.jpg

gallery_23932_4730_830519.jpg

This weekend I picked up Lemartes, the Death Company box, and the Sanguinary Guard box. More to come.

Interesting! Good thing you went for BA plus successors, they really are the coolest bunch among the Astartes. :P

How big is this army going to be? Will you mix single models all the way or divide them into squads later?

I'm actually wavering on my idea. I know that I at least want to have 1-2 Kill Teams (200pt Squads) painted up to have a member of each Successor. However I also want to put together an Ironhelms list. It'll take some pondering.

Bleed

More music!

Heed - it commands, heed my will

Bleed - it says, bleed you will

A sneering grin, the voice of my reaper

- chanting softly the song of depletion

Sanguinary Priest Adriano

gallery_23932_4730_555453.jpg

gallery_23932_4730_761734.jpg

Unfortunately, some volcano has delayed my Sanguinary Guard from making the flight over the Atlantic. Right now I'm still just working on the DC. Get to go to a race tomorrow so no work will get done but I get to watch cars go around in circles really fast.

This thread has really got me thinking about starting my own BA crusade. Blood Angels were my first army, and I then started converting them to a successor army but seeing this threads inspired me to do a similar project, but maybe have each squad from a different chapter and only mixing chapters in death company... something to think about and would give me an excuse to use my Space Hulk figures.

You've got some really nice reds here and crisp whites, I look forward to seeing your progress

According to Mat Ward, the Blood Sword's are not a BA successor. Then again he also says the Flesheaters were destroyed so I'm already breaking fluff...

Bah. They were at one point in time. That's reason enough.

Wait...he says the Flesh Tearers were destroyed, and yet this is the same codex with rules for Chapter Master Seth? :P

Also, this is the volcano you're looking for.

Armageddon Bound

More music!

Here in no mans land

No mercy can be found

Delirious perspective

Armageddon bound.

These are the 3 NCOs for my army. Sanguinary Guard still aren't here, thank you Iceland. Comments always welcome.

Assault Sergeant Pancratius

gallery_23932_4730_1289999.jpg

Tactical Sergeant Ingacio

gallery_23932_4730_835241.jpg

Tactical Sergeant Desiderius

gallery_23932_4730_1162003.jpg

You've got some really nice reds here and crisp whites, I look forward to seeing your progress

Thank you! :D

I must say, those models look very cool.

And, I must also say that you have a great taste in music.

Keep it up man

Many thanks, I plan to keep posting a song with each update. Music and 40K go hand-in-hand for me.

Up next... Death Company and Lemartes!

Archived