drawings

WarInHeaven

after years of being non-active on the drawing front, i made a sketch out of bored-ness last August and havend stoped sines

and so, one :o expensive tablet and some practice later, here's my first digital marine

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll480/WarInHeaven/VictoryoverDeathcopy.jpg

c&c as welcome as ever

bit out of proportion, but i like it- simple yet awesome at the same time

that was the idea, happy you like it :P

It looks like it would be on an epic online comic! Me likey!

ironicly, i made some character's for a now-dead comic idea, but he isn't one of them, may draw some of them later on

I like the 'X's on the skull's eyes :P

u know a beter way to make a necron look beaten up? :P

Like I posted on Mishra's Playground, a good piccie. Proportions need some work though.

Nice details btw!

and like i wil reply on Mishra's, marines don't have proportions, they have badass-nes ;)

i'm trying to draw a GK termy for you as an apology for so shamefully forgetting your birthday

that necron looks like hes just having a bad day, i can imagine him over sleeping in his crypt and having to rush to his monolinth carpool only to find hes too late ,he then has to get the bus, after he gets off the bus he takes a shortcut down a dark ally and an emprahs ruffians spacemarine jumps out and demands his wallet, necrons have no wallets. *BIFF* ;)

that necron looks like hes just having a bad day, i can imagine him over sleeping in his crypt and having to rush to his monolinth carpool only to find hes too late ,he then has to get the bus, after he gets off the bus he takes a shortcut down a dark ally and an emprahs ruffians spacemarine jumps out and demands his wallet, necrons have no wallets. *BIFF* ;)

he's having a prity bad day indead

Ti'ris (the sally above) was feeling lonely, so i spend most of the day drawing on Magnus's Grey Knight an here's the result:

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll480/WarInHeaven/GNtermyvoorronaldcopy.jpg

gona slap some color on him tomorrow

C&C welcome

Try sketching out the picture as a whole first, the issues you seem to be having generally stems from concentrating on one area, then the next, then the next etc so everything ends up out of proportion as you don't take in the overall picture. Your detail is nice though and with a bit of work you could improve immeasurably

His storm bolter looks about 3x too small, and I think he's got too much paper on him. I know they tend to have a lot of purity seals and scripture and the like, but this just looks a bit excessive.

i made the bolter bigger and got ride of some of the seals-jungle, looks a lot better now

Looks pweeeeettyyyyyyyyyyy! ^__^

Thanks!

ya'r welcome!

looking good, proportions are HELL to get right though :/

trust me, i know

Try sketching out the picture as a whole first, the issues you seem to be having generally stems from concentrating on one area, then the next, then the next etc so everything ends up out of proportion as you don't take in the overall picture. Your detail is nice though and with a bit of work you could improve immeasurably

from where i started 7 months ago this is already a lot better, i'l keep your comment in mind for my next drawing

I also agree about the storm bolter size, I'd also bulk out his right arm overall, the elbow cop needs to have some thickness to it I think, from that angle you should be able to see a cross profile of it.

i know, but it's dificult, i'l see what i can do

colored sally today, a very painfull reminder to how much i still got to learn :)

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll480/WarInHeaven/VictoryoverDeathcolor.jpg

my god i s*ck at coloring

c&c welcome

This is actually quite good. I think your only issue with proportion is the torso of the marine. The appendages are great as if the head and weaponry, but the chest just looks off.

Coloring turned out fine. Not sure what you're upset about?

i see what u mean, the guy's torso looks to be directly conected with his hips

The coloring looks fine, could use some refining, but it's not bad.

What program are you using?

you guys are far to kind, i use photoshop 6, becouse the coral draw that came with my tablet doesn't want to instal :whistling:

surprisingly fun to color in, and i'm rather pleased with how he turned out :unsure:

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll480/WarInHeaven/GNtermyvoorronaldcoloredcopy.jpg

c&c welcome

EDIT: Magnus wasn't realy pleased with the halo, so i re-did it a little

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll480/WarInHeaven/GNtermyvoorronaldcolored2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived