Which template do I use with the Holocaust psychic power?

Ashe Darke

I've used the searchy thing to see if this has came up before and I don't think it has but I was just looking at the rules for Holocaust and it says to place an Ordnance template. Well in 5th Ed you have large or small blasts. Ordnance is a weapon type not a template size.

I'm guessing this means the large template? Technically the power is useless as it refers to something that doesn't exist and the FAQ doesn't say anything about it clearing up the template size.

don't forget the rule was written in 3rd edition i think, where you have blast and ordnance templates, not blast and large blast. use the large blast marker, its the one the power was designed for just with a different name.

That is under the vehicle section.

Wich is right and proper since the infantry section says their rules are covered in the vehicle section.

Its really very straightforward for a GW rules set- the infantry versions of ordnance are in no way different than any other form of ordnance.

That is under the vehicle section.

Wich is right and proper since the infantry section says their rules are covered in the vehicle section.

Its really very straightforward for a GW rules set- the infantry versions of ordnance are in no way different than any other form of ordnance.

indeed. But as stated the ordanace template is the old name for the large template.

It doesn't say it's an Ordnance blast, it asks for the Ordnance template. It is not an Ordnance attack and shouldn't follow the Ordnance rules just because the word 'Ordnance' is in there. You do not get 2d6 pick the highest for vehicle penetration from this attack.

It should use the large blast as that is what they intended, but strick RAW means it's asking for something that doesn't exist. Oh how I love it when I spot these silly things.

It doesn't say it's an Ordnance blast, it asks for the Ordnance template. It is not an Ordnance attack and shouldn't follow the Ordnance rules just because the word 'Ordnance' is in there. You do not get 2d6 pick the highest for vehicle penetration from this attack.

It should use the large blast as that is what they intended, but strick RAW means it's asking for something that doesn't exist. Oh how I love it when I spot these silly things.

Its the old term, its grandfathered in.

terminology changes, in the rules edition the codex was written for the term 'large blast templet' was not used, it was simply the ordnance template. its not a RAW problem, merely a change in the terminology.

I'm guessing this means the large template? Technically the power is useless as it refers to something that doesn't exist and the FAQ doesn't say anything about it clearing up the template size.

Good spot Ashe. Yes by RAW you would not be allowed to use Holocaust in 5th due to the lack of an "Ordnance template". It's similar to the other interesting item in the DH Codex regarding teleport homers, that require models to be placed using a "template" -- a method no longer used in 5th deep strike placement. And let's not even talk about what are officially Daemons and what are not :).

All this is pointing to the dire need for new =][= Codexes. In the meantimes: common sense takes place in these matters.

Cheers

I

Archived