Salamanders Venerable Dread and Vulkan

Shatterboom

Here are some of my most recent minis. Between these two minis I will be happy to paint something that's not green for my next project.

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4bb9514a2201e.jpg

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4bb951afb5a37.jpg

Below I have placed links to their Cool Mini or Not pages if you wish to rate them.

Vulkan

Venerable Dread

The plasma coils on the Dreds cannon look amazing,brilliant blending and the scales ofcourse are really top notch.

The thing i love the most however,is that you seem to have painted stained-glass windows in the recesses of the sarcophagus!Very impressive attention to detail,cant imagine how long that would have taken to paint but it looks brilliant.

Cheers,

Mike.

There's nothing I can really say that hasn't already been said... the dreadnought is very impressive, I really like the small touches you've added and the base makes it that much more epic. Your Vulkan looks great too. I'm not the biggest fan of the mini itself (more the Gauntlet of the Forge bit than anything else) but your brushwork makes it a better mini :P

Thanks

James

I've just started watching the remake of the series 'V', and so that dred is mighty scary! You've put a lot of hard work in and it shows. The stained glass part effect is my favourite. I reckon a different colour helmet though, maybe purple?, would give the model more of a focal point. Top job matey :P

Thanks for all the responses. For the question on the size of the head I would say it is just slightly bigger than a normal marine head. It probably wouldn't look too out of place on a normal marine and I think it would be great on a terminator. The kit come with 3 different heads, so I may try some of them on different marines. Also, this was painted for the Adepticon painting competition. It made it through the first cut, but didn't place. Plenty of great paint jobs in that competition.

Thanks for all the responses. For the question on the size of the head I would say it is just slightly bigger than a normal marine head. It probably wouldn't look too out of place on a normal marine and I think it would be great on a terminator. The kit come with 3 different heads, so I may try some of them on different marines. Also, this was painted for the Adepticon painting competition. It made it through the first cut, but didn't place. Plenty of great paint jobs in that competition.

Didn't place! that dread is amazing! :D stunning

-CC

I have to ask:

How in the hell did you get those scales to look like they do??

Would you be willing to share that little secret? perhaps a small tutorial or

quick written explanation?? .....PLEASE :(

Awesome stuff their man!

i hate to be the only voice of dissent (as you obviously put in a lot of hard work), but the dread is WAY too busy for my taste...

a more subtle style of scales would have looked cooler...

the stained glass windows are not doing it for me either...

they would stand out more on a mini without the scales...

your metals are flat, and lack any play of light...

i do like the plasma coils, and the Sallie badge on the engine housing...

i've watched your work on CMON, and seen your painting improve...

if you're going for prestigious painting awards, you're going to have to play more with contrast and depth...

keep workin' at it...

cheers

jah

I love the dread! The lava and the plasma are really well done. The scales make the dread a little busy, if you painted the front panel right below the helmet black and then the wrist area behind the CCW, I think it would break up the dread enough for me. But either way congrats on a model that is very well done that you obviously put a lot of time into.

Archived