Jump Infantry and RUN!

Bay

Hello all, Im a little confused about this one, Ive been sitting here for a bit looking thro the BRB with no succes.

Heres my questions.

1. Can my Assault marines or any jump pack unit in general move their full length and then use the RUN! rule as well during there shooting phase? Example (movement " + D6 for run)?

2. The BRB gave an awkward statment about RENDING, is it when you roll a Six, you auto Hit or Wound?

Hope you guys can clear this up for me!

Thanks again!

1.) Jump infantry may run.

2) Rending occurs on the to wound roll. If you get a 6 on the wound roll it causes a wound with no armor save.

1.) Jump infantry may run.

2) Rending occurs on the to wound roll. If you get a 6 on the wound roll it causes a wound with no armor save.

Just to be complete, rending also works on the armour penetration roll of 6 (you then add a D3) against things with an AV.

I never knew rending had a potential for armor penetration. I just always used my melta-bombs or powerfist for that, but its still a great piece of information to know.

Thanks krewl.

How about this..

Moving, running + assaulting all within that same phase for the assault marine unit?

As well, I know when falling back any unit using jump packs do this by rolling 3D6, when performing sweeping advance does this still apply? Or is it simply still a 2d6 roll?

Thanks again!

How about this..

Moving, running + assaulting all within that same phase for the assault marine unit?

As well, I know when falling back any unit using jump packs do this by rolling 3D6, when performing sweeping advance does this still apply? Or is it simply still a 2d6 roll?

Thanks again!

I think you may be a bit confused, you do not actualy move with a sweeping advance. It is simply an oposed intive test.

I was confused, I misread the entry thanks for the correction Frosty.

OK Let me get this squared away, so when you run! during your shooting phase it prevents you from assaulting as well and It only works if you have the rule of fleet?

Thanks again.

:P

An answer in this topic has been set to invisible. Let's try to be helpful please - telling someone "You should buy a rulebook." isn't really benefitting anyone is it eh?

Cheers

I

:D

An answer in this topic has been set to invisible. Let's try to be helpful please - telling someone "You should buy a rulebook." isn't really benefitting anyone is it eh?

Cheers

I

Especially considering how many discussions about rule interpretations and rule explanations there are on this board.

Bay - getting Kayvaan Shrike as an HQ choice gives the Fleet rule to all your troops (instead of the Combat Tactics rule). This opens up for a number of nasty combos.

Shrike also gives the unit he's with the Infiltrate rule, so you could put him in an assault squad, set up 18" from the enemy, jump 12", run D6", then assault the last bit of the way, hitting the enemy squad in the first turn. Of course, you can set up scout squads the same way, although they'll have more trouble reaching the enemy as quickly since they don't have jump packs. Nifty tricks for those gunline Imperial Guard or Tau armies. ;)

Archived