Land Speeder Storm vs Blood Angels

Ceddyn

Hi guys,

I play codex marines and I'm gonna have a couple of battles agains Blood Angels soonish. I was wondering if the land speeder storm's jamming beacon would have an effect on the their rule that makes them deep strike more accurate. Unfortunately I don't have a BA codex, so I don't know the exact wording of the rule.

The last line of the Jamming Beacon rule states; “In addition, enemies wishing to deep strike onto the board within 6” of a Land Speeder Storm scatter 4D6” rather than 2D6”.” C:SM pg 75.

BA’s Descent of Angels works solely with units equipped with Jump Packs but otherwise states, “A Blood Angels unit with this special rule can re-roll failed reserve rolls if arriving by Deep Strike. Also, due to the precision of their descent, it scatters D6” less (normally D6” rather than 2D6”).” C:BA pg 23.

So the two rules are perfectly compatible. DoA allows Jump Infantry to scatter 1D6” less than otherwise stated. So the Jamming Beacon would force a 3D6” scatter for BA units with the DoA rule.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. -OMG

Archived