HQs from Sanguinary Guard box WIP

The sanguinary guard box is an awesome bits box i built my own dante and tycho as I wanted something different from the original models, I also didnt really like the original models either, Dante deserved wings after all he is the chapter master.gallery_42456_4751_227071.jpgDantegallery_42456_4751_308583.jpgDC Tycho havent figured out what to do for his death mask yet but it will com

c and c always welcome. On to building the actual sang guard now, I built my 8 dc and then used bits to make two sang priest with the command box and the dc one. Lots of good stuff.

very nice models...

but the Dante one doesn't look very stable... looks like the centre of gravity must almost be outside of the base...

He has wings. Who needs a center of gravity?

I like them, they have very dynamic poses.

Interesting take on Tycho......i've got a box of these little beauties myself, and thats the first time i've noticed that the heads have a close resemblance to him!

Edemia

im loving you take on the characters... i might do the same <_<

these only one thing i noticed which you might want to do, Tycho has the bit of cloth between his legs and your model doesn't.. but its up to you really.

keep up the good work, brother

Some interesting ideas here, and they may give me some direction with the boxes of Death Company and Sanguinary Guard I picked up this afternoon... Although I really only wanted a few bits from each for my Aurora Chapter models (and a couple for my Chaos Marines), I'm sure I'll have plenty left over to play with. The one idea that keeps cropping up, though, is an updated Tycho. Also, considering doing an Emperor's Children champion with the torso bit from the Sanguinary Guard box...

Anyways, keep us updated, I'm always keen to see the creativity from kitbashing.

-Joe

gallery_42456_4751_481226.jpggallery_42456_4751_381162.jpg

Finally started to paint the librarian, He has a long way to go still but the main colours are done. Highlights still to go however. not sure on the robe? Any thoughts? I don't know if I like the colour choice yet. Thanks and c & c welcome

The color is phenomenal but I would defenitely say a purple or blue wash or two would be a good idea.

For the robes I would say keep the lighter color and maybe do some freehand if you are able. That always helps IC's stand out.

Archived