Just bought Chaos Battleforce, now which Legion?

I just purchased the Chaos battleforce but I have no idea what I want to paint them as. At first I wanted to do pure 1k sons but didnt feel up like the conversion work required for such.

What are your suggestions? I'm looking for something different than my current army (Black Templars, step away from Khorne Bezerkers). I also don't really want to do the black scheme of the Black Legion.

Look forward to your suggestions!

Ahh, its good to see that the shackles that bound you to the slavery of the False Emperor have been broken!

To be honest, when it comes to picking which Legion to collect its all down to personal preference! The choice is entirely yours!

If your not so familiar with any of the legions of Chaos then check out the Lexicanum website and search all the different legions there so you can get a feel for one of the armies.

BUT if you still want me to give my suggestion then i would say go for the Alpha Legion as they seem the complete opposite of the Black Templars.

Agreed on the 1st part, and as a side note, Death Guard are very far from Black Templars.

Still, search the lexicanum for something you really like.

I personally love the Thousand Sons fluff but they aren't very competitive this Dex and I also like my Berzerkers: ) hence the black and silver on my armor (BL)

Z

Ah, another loyalist sees the true light of Chaos!

I'd reccomend going here and finding a color scheme or bit of fluff you like and go with that.

If in doubt, you could just do Word Bearers :( .

@TheLastTemplar: Are you more interested in doing one of the original nine Traitor Legions or your own independent warband?

If you want to do the colors of one of the Big Nine, I'd suggest reading their background and fluff and pick the one that appeals the most. I know I first picked Alpha Legion when I saw the first picture of a painted metal AL Chaos Terminator way back in the mid-90's and said "That's my force!" and haven't regretted it since.

Otherwise, you can just go with whatever colors suit you best. Though I don't like the fluff in the current dex, it does have a large number of paint schemes in it that might give you ideas.

I have decided after buying the Codex and reading the Lexicanum. The Alpha Legion, the secretive and double sided nature really appeals. Plus I can use AOBR marines can be double-agents for Chaos.... once I start assembling and painting the army, I'll keep you all in the loop!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Archived