Storm Raven Question

Chronowraith

Okay, so I'm perusing my BA codex the past week looking for any interesting ways to use the new and existing units. I came up with a duo that I've actually had to think about how the rules work and given that I'm a bit rusty on the rules in general I'm curious if this works the way that I I think it might (I haven't played a game for a couple months).

The question revolves around Vanguard Veterans and the Storm Raven. Keep the following rules statements from the BA codex in mind when considering my questions below...

In the vanguard veteran's heroic intervention rule it states, "If a jumppack equipped Vanguard Veteran Squad arrives from Reserve via Deep Strike, the player can elect for the Squad to perform a Heroic Intervention"

The Storm Raven's Skies of Blood Rule states, "If the Storm Raven has moved Flat Out, passengers can still disembark..." as well as "Models with jump packs can make a more controlled descent - not only do they not take dangerous terrain tests (unless they land in dangerous terrain), they can use the Descent of Angels special rule..." and finally "Models that disembark in this manner may cannot assault on the turn they do so."

So now my questions...

1) Deep striking vehicles count as moving flat out right?

2) Can a squad held in reserve be assigned to a non-dedicated transport also held in reserve? If not, what is the point of having a transport like the Storm Raven be able to Deep Strike?

3) Assuming both 1 and 2 are answered with "Yes" does anyone think a Storm Raven could Deep Strike and then unleash the Vanguard using Descent of Angels/Heroic Intervention on the turn it Deep Strikes?

4) Since both rules (Heroic Intervention and Skies of Blood) appear in the BA Codex, which one takes precedence?

I'm not even 50% sure this works the way I think it might. I'm not really looking for some super cheesy way to use Vanguard just something to make them somewhat justifiable for their huge point costs (at this point I think Sanguinary Guard are a better value by far).

Thanks in advance folks and sorry if someone else has asked this previously.

1. actualy they count as moving cruising speed, but close enouph

2.yes

3. you may use decent of angels (it even says you may) you may not use heroic intervention. Heroic intervention requires that the deepstrike in question be from reserves, not from within a transport

4. it doesnt mater as they arnt compatable (see 3)

Archived