Nurrgle Bikers? and lash

I Dont think this fits in the nurgle forum because im going to talk about lash so ya.Well My Experince with running a bike sorc with lash and 10 nurgle bikers with 2 flamers and a combi-flamer on the champ is preaty good.its simple turbo boost first turn.turn 2 lash a unit on foot that is close to you and lay down the flame templates.its good against horde based army and for those sneaky loyalist scouts hiding in the back with sniper rifles.so what do you think.

---AutarchAndrew

I can't see where it says a Biker Champion can have a combi-weapon. I also think the unit is very expensive. 560pts, I didn't include the combi-flamer as I don't see a listing for it.

Sure it will be resilient to small arms fire to an extent but lascannons, meltas, plasma, all those things that hurt normal marines really well will still mow them down. Sure it's good for horde but against Mech it's gonna turn up and not do much, then either die or zoom off again.

The problem with that tactic is that lash inside a unit is resolves after all of the unit is finished. Therefore you lash, fire flamers, bolters, spit and cuss, and then move their models. If the lash was inside a different unit or on a DP you'd be able to get it off beforehand, but not when he's inside the firing unit.

That's also a huge point cost for two/three flamers, granted they have T6 but against plasma and melta you're still smoked on 2/3+.

It's worth trying , and may fill a good role if used in concert with some other stuff.

Yeah i would say that is one start. Then you have two moving pieces both relatively capable of dealing with seperate threats, or just one.

Also with 8 bikers with twin linked bolters, i'd say you are fairly good at killing light troops or infantry as it is. I'd mess around with some other weapon options like plasma guns or meltas and use your relentless nature to best effect.

If I were to use the pieces you set up, I would probably play around 5-7 bikers with 2 plas / or 2 melt, and one fist. Then a lash DP on the side. Then try and get the bikers stuck into combat with regular troops with a good chance of finishing combat on their turn. Your T6 is gold when inside a squad with limited power weapons or only one fist. That and all those melta/plas heavy weapons won't have their day with you during their shooting phase.

I do like the idea but i figured a nurgle biker squad would perfrom as a eldar seer council or nob bikers would.as you know as tie up unit/seed bump.I figured throw it into a unit of marines or IG and hold them there for the game

What it sounds like are Ig or marines holding your bikes there for the game. 560 some odd points are a lot to spend to tarpit a 200+ marine/guard squad.

I wish nurgle bikes could be as tough as nobz. We don't have feel no pain and mechs running around with us though, and only 1 wound.

considering you could spend 130 points on a group of 10 daemons that will tarpit/destroy the same group of marines and simply buy small units of bikes to bomb them (and other daemons) in and still assault stuff themselves, the 560 is ineffective. Besides, I would expect 3-5 nurgle bikers (expensive icon at that point tho, better just to take another biker) to be able to tarpit if not annihilate groups of IG or SMs.

Archived