Mk6 Brazen Claw

There has been alot of drawings and such the past couple of days, good to see. I guess it's my turn to share.

I have a less free time these days but I'm still trying to improve all the time.

gallery_345_4152_40986.jpg

Comments and Critiques always welcomed.

edit: forgot to mention, the claw symbol on the chest was created from the Brazen Claws decal sheet, available right here at the BnC in the downloads section, perfect for your future Brazen Claws army!

O.K, i agree the shoulderpads and the chest look a bit weird but the blue foot still looks far too big. It's taller and wider and he doesn't seem to be making massive leaps with the other foot far behind the blue one. And if it is foreshortened thaaaaat much, the bolter is too small.

There's something strange going on with the feet.

Yeh the blue foot is much bigger than the other one.

It's foreshortening, the marine is stepping forwards with his right foot (the blue one), therefore it looks bigger

There is something going on with the feet, but it's not exactly what you are thinking, I did crank up the perspective in Zbrush, but what gets effected by it depends on the camera position and the focal length, also he is stepping forward and his right leg is raised a bit but that gets a bit lost in there, your eyes perceive it as his feet being planted when they're actually not.

nice! niiiiiiiice!!! I've been trying to make a 3d space marine in maya for ages to no avail, but dude that is awesome, is it all Zbrush?

Thanks ^_^ it's a combination of maya, zbrush and photoshop, maya is great and all, but I was trying really hard to get what I had in my mind as a "photograph of a marine" when really I need to just actually finish some stuff and show it to people to get some feedback.

The feet look right to me, he is walking and the red part is partly in shadow.

The shoulderpads feel a bit too large, as does his torso. The helmet and arms looks spot on.

But what do I know. :P

The pespective does affect the chest and shoulders a bit but honestly I draw alot of my inspiration from some of the older artwork and it's probably showing a bit, whenever I first put them on I always think they look too small and end up resizing them, maybe next time I'll force myself to leave them alone :)

Thats awesome, what software/hardware did you use?

Maya for all the base modeling and then refinements and details in zbrush, then final colouring/texturing/compositing in photoshop

O.K, i agree the shoulderpads and the chest look a bit weird but the blue foot still looks far too big. It's taller and wider and he doesn't seem to be making massive leaps with the other foot far behind the blue one. And if it is foreshortened thaaaaat much, the bolter is too small.

look above, I guess I could have left the pespective off, but it seems to add just a bit of that certain something to the piece.

Thanks for all the comments/critiques guys, it's helps me so much to have feedback, after working on them for awhile it helps to have someone elses eyes.

Pretty good. You've got the bulk but there are a few inconsistencies to the armour, that being the legs. I don't have a problem that the other's have pointed out - mine is the thickness of the armour itself, looks very thin plus his hips look like they popped out the sockets. So yeah, his top half very good. Lower half, could use a little attention.

Archived