Word Bearer Horus Heresy-era musings

Lucifer216

Well, let's not push it too much, I don't think that Chaos is general is more ordered than the Imperium. If anything it is the natural disorganization and disunity of Chaos that even allows the Imperium to exist. That's actually one of the neatest parts of grimdark in my opinion, that humanity survives only because its enemies are really bad at team building exercises. I mean if all of the Chaos gods (and their daemons) and all of the Legions, and all of the renegade chapters actually formed a cohesive fighting organization, the Imperium would be pretty SoL.

Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending on where you're standing) the pantheon that the ol' Bearers of the Word love so much is not really a united front. The gods are in constant conflict and disorder, and this is integral to them. I actually remember reading somewhere (daemons codex probably) that when Tzeentch's plans gain him too much advantage over the other gods, he basically confounds himself in order to allow the others to regain some power for the great game to continue. The Imperium doesn't have that, they just have one central command structure and one dogma, and any disobedience is rare and met with death. The "order" of the Word Bearers is somewhat similar and they are very centralized for a Chaos Legion, but that's not really the way of Chaos, that's kind of the point of the WB, they never did understand what they were worshiping as their worship was always a selfish act meant to vindicate their need for faith and direction. The Emperor never wanted to be a god, and the Chaos gods, don't really want order. Oh the irony.

Archived