Question about passangers in transports in assault..

tahrikmili

Squad A is in Transport B that gets assaulted by Squad C.

Squad C assaults the Transport B, but fails to destroy it.

Can Squad A still fire from the Transport's fire points? Is the Transport considered locked in assault?

Is Squad C considered locked in assault? Can Passanger Squad A fire from inside Transport B at the assaulting Squad C?

Is any of this related to the result of the assault on Transport B? i.e. would a Crew Stunned result bar the passangers from firing, or does the result only affect weapon options on Transport B itself?

I know I've been asking weird question about assault and transports lately but the rules read so bad..

vehicls that don't have a ws cannot be locked in combat so that answers most of the questions.

as for stunned results and embarked units, yes they are prevented from shooting whilst inside the vehicle but they can disembark and fire normally, albeit they would count as moving.

vehicls that don't have a ws cannot be locked in combat so that answers most of the questions.

as for stunned results and embarked units, yes they are prevented from shooting whilst inside the vehicle but they can disembark and fire normally, albeit they would count as moving.

But are units that assault vehicles considered locked in combat? They have WS and are in assault, does the vehicle not having a WS mean they are not locked in combat either? Can I fire at them from inside the vehicle?

But are units that assault vehicles considered locked in combat? They have WS and are in assault, does the vehicle not having a WS mean they are not locked in combat either? Can I fire at them from inside the vehicle?

You are assaulting the transport, not the guys inside. They cannot be targeted by the assaulters so no, they are not locked in combat. Drive away and open up on them assuming you are able to.

You are assaulting the transport, not the guys inside. They cannot be targeted by the assaulters so no, they are not locked in combat. Drive away and open up on them assuming you are able to.

Perhaps I did not make the question clear enough.

A unit assaults a transport.

Can another unit (and possibly a unit inside the transport) fire on the assaulters? Are the assaulters of the transport considered locked in combat (not the passangers)?

yes, anyone, even the people inside the transport can fire upon unit C.

A Vehicle w/o a WS can not be locked in combat, and can not lock a unit in combat, unit C is just standing next to the tank after they finish their assault.

yes, anyone, even the people inside the transport can fire upon unit C.

A Vehicle w/o a WS can not be locked in combat, and can not lock a unit in combat, unit C is just standing next to the tank after they finish their assault.

Thanks, that answers everything.

Archived