Critique on my Warband idea? :)

Hello all!

I've had his idea for a while (And it is also in the Libre Astarates, check it out! :)) But its basically that unlike many who have turned tratior, the Sons of Larr did it to better themselves because they'd had extensive fights with the Eldar and studied some of the dead they captured, and became obsessed with bettering themselves to the level of the Eldar (not litrelly but technology and suchlike).

It was through this the Chaos gods gained purchace and warped them, though they do not worship Chaos for each god (some do, however, the sorcerers) :)

What do you think?

Thanks,

BlackRaptor93

and became obsessed with bettering themselves to the level of the Eldar

I see a problem here. All loyalist and all legion see themselfs as superior to everything that lives and breaths . they would never think that they want to be like eldar , even ahriman when he hunted the BL has seen the eldar as nothing more then prey.

I could see how space marines would observe and be attracted to eldar warcraft(that is the art of war as opposed to the science) and technology, but straying from the imperium because of it?

Aren't astartes psycho-conditioned to avoid jsut such things?

I guess there are instances in BL books of astartes respecting or even admiring eldar battle prowess so it's distinctly possible I suppose.

Of course your sorcerers would worship slaneesh and be good at persuading people to go where they want them to? :)

Thanks for the replies!

Well, i suppose that the Emperors Children began to experiment because of one of their foes (whose name escapes me) <_<

Yes, indeed Slaanesh was the first to get his/her/its tendrils into them which is why they turned origionally ;) But while some stayed with Slaanesh others began to find out way to better themselves in warfare and other areas :)

Thanks!

BlackRaptor93

Slaanesh is also a great enemy for the Eldar.

Since the Eldar are somewhat responsable for the Birth of Slaanesh.. They call Slaanesh "the great enemy" so it's quite possible that they were lured in by Slaanesh..

Considering most marines are based on a warrior culture of some sort or another, you decide to base any of them off actual history or are they purely home bred? that might bring some insight into potential "fall" status. like the Mayans appealing to gods through sacrifice to survive seasons, having taken up a devil god instead that ensures each season is like the last. (billions are sacrificed to the emperor each year in some form or another, psykers are eaten by him as well)

I would suggest a tzeentch and slaanesh following. Khorne and nurgle are somewhat degenerative when left unchecked. Slaanesh is personal, while Tzeentch is artificial in advancement. I would push to slaanesh for the sonic weapons personally since that seems to fit your quota.

Archived