Bikes

robber

Well for one, chaos players got discouraged when loyalists got bikes for 8 points cheaper a model at -1 attack and also gets the attack bike, which is free if you paid for 5 bikes already compared to chaos.

The saving grace is either take them in small suicide melta squads. (Arguable if raptors are better, I think raptors are personally)

Bombing with daemons, teleporting terminators, obliterators and the like.

Taken as larger squads with icon of nurgle to pull off a toughness 6 unit comparable points cost to a squad of wraithguard before upgrades. (38 pts each or 35 pts each+seer)

I like the nurgle raptors, since they are same toughness as bikes anc cheaper than loyalist bikes with a lash for first turn assault. Remember, you can melt a rhino with the raptors, and then assault what is inside, or lash what is inside closer so that the raptors can assault them. Great synergy.

Nurgle bikes focus against strength 4 and 5 models mainly with +1 toughness. Strength 3 won't care, and oddly enough bikes do their absolute bets against toughness 3 armies to start with. So it is just a "just in case" measure when taking T6 bikes. No real penalty to making the greater daemon come off their champion though IMO.

Bikes also make great first turn turbo boosters when blocking enough line of fire to grant rhinos "cover" but you have smoke launchers for that.

The other way bikes get sort of messed up is with rhino-telebombing.

Move a rhino, twist it to the side, disembark the models the full disembarking distance and then run those models. Found to have a similar range as bikes when turbo boosting to land some icon-homed stuff down nearby.

So either way, you have a scoring alternative, or very cheap alternative to replace bikes roles. Leaving mostly the 'cover' aspect, but who runs footslog these days?

I run a squad of slaanesh bikers with my slaanesh lord w/ blissgiver. It gives him a little more survivability as he rockets across the battlefield. Add two meltas to the squad and it makes a decent armor cracker as well

Archived