Corbulo and wargear

Sonic Para

I'm trying to decide on whether to take Corbulo or just a regular Sanguinary Priest. The deciding factor is Corbulo's speed as I run a RAS heavy build. Can Corbulo take a jump pack just like any other Sanguinary Priest or is he stuck with regular movement?

Nope, no jump pack. I really wish they had given him the option to take one (and Lemartes the option to not take one), but that's life.

x2. But Corbs got some serious upgrades and is only 5 points more than before, though I would of preferred a power weapon. More options is always nice, but its hard to not look through this dex and see a LOT of competitive options.

i like his re-roll ability the farseeing eye. (armour save, leadership test, to hit roll, scatter roll, or even a steal the initiative!)

its a nice ace up the sleeve i used it my first time fielding corbulo it saved corbulo ad his entire squad from my vindicator blast and instead iced a bunch of ork bikers with a direct hit. (total oh crap moment)

• 2 years later...

I am attempting to explain why Corbulo can't take a jump pack to someone. He will not accept the special character argument because the text of the rule only states that there cannot be multiple of the same special character in an army. He will not accept the argument that Corbulo's box in the codex does not allow for that option because of the text under the priest entry that states that Corbulo is a priest. He's used to taking Corbulo with Dante and sanguinary guard and still moving 12".

Is there any specific citation I can provide him to help him understand?

Is there any specific citation I can provide him to help him understand?

He's being stubborn.

And he's not listening to logic or argument.

Send him online to any forum and ask him to pose the question - see what happens.

A priest is a priest.

Corbulo is Corbulo.

They are not the same thing.

Otherwise you can just as well say Mephiston is going to take two more powers because he's a librarian.

It is for the same reason the FAQ came out explaining that an Apothecary in a command squad is not the same as a regular command squad member and may therefore not be upgraded.

Just out of interest, is it just in this regard that he is like this, or is he consistent?

What I mean is, does he feel that a Furioso Librarian/Blood Champion/other Special Characters can take options? Does he count Lemartes, DC Tycho and DC Dreads towards the DC limit to unlock more DC Dreads? Does he believe a Blood Angels Captain can be equipped with a Relic Blade and Artificer Armour because they are Space Marines? etc, etc. (Hopefully the answer to all of these is no, otherwise he has a far larger misunderstanding.)

However I do have an off-topic question that has been bugging me. A Special Character has an attack characteristic in his statline (of let us say four) and when he charges he gains +1A. Does he also gain +1A for being equipped with two close combat weapons (in this case 5A, 6A on the charge) or is this already included in his profile?

A Special Character has an attack characteristic in his statline (of let us say four) and when he charges he gains +1A. Does he also gain +1A for being equipped with two close combat weapons (in this case 5A, 6A on the charge) or is this already included in his profile?

The profile is their base attacks. This is modified by their armament, and charge/other bonuses, etc.

In this example, Mephiston has 4A base, +1 for plasma pistol and force weapon, +1 for charging.

As for the OP: Morticon has answered your question. Corbulo is not a 'sanguinary priest' in the same way that a 'sanguinary novitiate' is not an 'honour guard'.

I would love Corbs to be able to take a jet pack, but it just can't be done.

Archived