New Chaos Dread (Model) in our future?

Jofus

I was wondering if there any rumors of us getting a updated model for the Chaos Dreadnought. I think it and the bikers are the last minis left from 2nd edition so both could use some loving. Since GW did not repackage the new SM dread with chaos vehicle sprus always made me think that they where working on it but instead they have released 2 new SM dreads, ironclad and venerable, with out a new chaos one. Maybe whenever we hear about the 5th edition codex we will get a new dread.

It's got to be the most obvious model to redo for the next codex (presuming the plastic Daemon Prince is released as part of a Daemons wave before then). Will probably coincide with a huge boost to their power or different variants ala Ironclads, Furiosos, Death Company Dreads, and hence sell like hotcakes.

Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised to see said update by a year from now. GW guys just can't keep their fingers off the power armour.

I'll respectfully disagree, at that point. GW's making good time in terms of getting every 40k race a fifth edition book this time. We can wait for the Inquisition, Necrons and Dark Eldar... and regular Eldar (I don't even want to try and fathom how crazy their psykers will be).

I would not count on a plastic Chaos Dreadnought any time soon. We might get one in the future of course by my guess, but when is the other question. There are other armies in the GW hobby that need a new army book/codex & other models to be release.

All you can do for the time being is ether buy a normal Dreadnought, Venrable Dreadnought, Ironclad or one of the other dreadnought from Forge World.

IP

Archived