Ow that bush is prickly

deuce0083

So let me get this straight.

I played a really good game with a buddy of mine last night, and I had the chance to assault him with my furioso. I took the chance, not even stopping to think that this monstrous piece of machinery would be effected by assaulting into the cover of a shrubbery. My friend then informed me that since my dreadnought was not equipped with frag grenades, I would be attacking at initiative 1. I still managed to come out on top of the conflict, I'm just inquiring as to the sense of this rule in this case.

After checking the rulebook, the only thing I could find was the rule stating that walkers fight as infantry in close combat...

An interesting yet irrelevant bit of information. Said furioso was equipped with a frag cannon.

So let me get this straight.

I played a really good game with a buddy of mine last night, and I had the chance to assault him with my furioso. I took the chance, not even stopping to think that this monstrous piece of machinery would be effected by assaulting into the cover of a shrubbery. My friend then informed me that since my dreadnought was not equipped with frag grenades, I would be attacking at initiative 1. I still managed to come out on top of the conflict, I'm just inquiring as to the sense of this rule in this case.

After checking the rulebook, the only thing I could find was the rule stating that walkers fight as infantry in close combat...

An interesting yet irrelevant bit of information. Said furioso was equipped with a frag cannon.

Refer to pg 36 of the BGB.

Any unit who has to make a difficult or dangerous terrain terrain check in order to assault gets I1. You ignore this if the unit being assaulted is already locked in CC or have gone to ground. And assault grenades also negate this penalty.

Walkers make difficult terrain rolls when they assault so they would strike at I1.

Hope that helps!

Archived