Venerable Ironclad

Cam2Designs

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/malignarius/Ironclad.jpg

Been collecting random parts for this project for a while now. Put the basic design together tonight and thought I would share. Still quite a bit of detail work to do, although it will never be as decorative as some Venerables I've seen mainly because that doesn't fit into my Chapter's fluff. And, yes, it will follow the rules for the Ironclad only...it will just look Venerable.

Hi mate

He Looks "DOUBLE ARD !!!" I have the metal venerable, and despite collecting 4th company Ultramarines, I Found that the best thing to do was to bling it up, and just make it your own piece. Lets face it no one will have a model like that so make it stand out.

Good luck and keep us all informed on the painting and playing progress.

oh and here is a pic of mine if its any help?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7861/016ltu.jpg

scott

Nice! Then you know the look I was going for by using the Termie carapace, champion head, and Fantasy shield! Since I was collecting pieces with an Ironclad in mind, I didn't get things like the leg armor plates and winged exhaust pipes. I do have some wings from an Eldar something or other that I was thinking of putting on him as a trophy/bling. I also like the idea of the "loincloth" that you have there. Thanks for the comments and encouragement!

Chris

P.S. He will be on the field this Sunday in a Planetstrike! Mega battle..

I wanna get a venerable dreadnought later and get the FW Daemonhunters Dread torso and mix the two together. I am not very fond of the open sarcophagus on the new design. It feels too open to fire and seems like it can easily get destroyed.

vulnerable rather than venerable i say. but it is kinda cool still.

Archived