Legal Model Use Question

renegadewarp

Was just wondering I was thinking of getting the Khorne Chainaxes from Forgeworld and putting them on my Chaos Raptors just wondering if this is legal seeing as its the same as anyother chain weopon and it even says in the Codex that Chain weopons can take many forms such as Axes or Swords. So like it says what you think?

Heres the items. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...CHAIN-AXES.html

Eh, why wouldn't it be?

In tabletop terms a close combat weapon is a close combat weapon, be it a space marine scout combat blade or a chainsword.

EDIT: to clairify a little, raptors, csm, and really most chaos have a "close combat weapon" in their profile to get an extra attack. This could range from a simple combat knife to a chainaxe, to a big pointy spear things, or whatever you want, but the point is that it''s standard equiptment, and generally people don't care if it's represented on a model at all.

For instance, I've seen many chaos marines modeled with just a bolter, while I've seen as many modeled with a bolter and chainsword, or a bolt pistol, or just an icon and no weapons. The icon bearer gets attacks if or not his weapons are modeled, they're standard kit.

Space marine scouts are the inverse example, they can be set up to be shooty or stabby, or a mix. Since they can be set up in different ways however you want them configured has to be modeled, including their CCWs. It just doesn't matter too much what they use as CCWs, and I've seen some very nice conversions using warhammer fantasy weapons on chaos marines as well.

In other words, a chainaxe is a close combat weapon, as is the standard raptor chainsword, and the space marine scouts combat blade, and as far as gameplay is concerned they're identical and can be modeled however you want.

Was just wondering I was thinking of getting the Khorne Chainaxes from Forgeworld and putting them on my Chaos Raptors just wondering if this is legal seeing as its the same as anyother chain weopon and it even says in the Codex that Chain weopons can take many forms such as Axes or Swords. So like it says what you think?

Heres the items. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...CHAIN-AXES.html

Just a side note-If you do buy these chain axes, you must bring much modeling-fu. They are fragile and a pain to deal with. Even after you get them to work on the model, you will have to be very careful with the model because of the afore mentioned fragility.

Archived