I say keep the headlights, i think they keep the front interesting, the dropship in aliens had them i think, good for lighting the lz :wink:. This is deffinetly the best one i have seen so far, once the two halves are joined properly this could look fantastic.

Hey Paulson Guess who??! Its good to see you here on B&C and I have to say great start on the Storm Raven This is the same as I plan on building one Making the Mini Thunderhawk look rather than the weird Valk kitbash I too say keep the Headlights and keep up the good work.

Im liking this alot,the engins on the wings looks better as it spreads the mass of the raven a bit, looks good.I agree with wayward about the hurricane bolters but where else do you put them.Its got that STC feel about it which I think is very important with all marine stuff nowdays.Lastly where are the heavy bolters going.Keep up the great work.cheers

I think it looks ok so far. however I had a question. For the Hurricane bolters, are they setup so that they can rotate and point at angles differently than normal? For a design like this, it just feels like the Bolters should be able to point downwards to strafe at things that it flies over.

The problem with the belly gun is the storm raven couldn't really land. i don't know the rules for the raven, but cant you put on two hurricane bolters? For symmetricalness?

ACTUALLY you could put the heavy bolters as a tailgun!! that would be awesome!!

http://k41.pbase.com/v3/07/12907/1/4569069..._fortress_1.jpg

I really like your interpretation of the Storm Raven. You've created a fantastic model there. For your Heavy Bolters, I think it would look really cool as a belly mount (like the old ball turret gunners of WWII). I can't wait to see your finished product.

This is among my favorites of the stormraven conversions.

The hardest thing about comming up with a concept in my mind is how to mount a chin mounted assault cannon and a front hatch. One solution is to have it land in an upward angle like an AH-64 Apache gunship. It flies level and lands with an upward angle. However, alot of the conversions tend to be front heavy.

Double frikkin awesome!!! :huh:

The only thing I don´t like a 100% is the placement of the Assaultcannons but it beats me to make a better proposal. Can´t wait to see them finished and painted.

Overall, it looks a great piece. I agree with all comments on the Hurricanes being out of place, to me they seem to ruin the balance of the model a bit. I would suggest perhaps restructuring it to a horizontal compartment, and either bellymounting it or shaping a tailturret, as suggested earlier. A third option though, is to separate the racks onto both sides, having three guns under either wing, gunship-style. But I'd definitely either center or split the Hurricanes.

Also, it needs turnsignals and a purple paint job. Maybe some sharpened wood :)

Also, it needs turnsignals and a purple paint job. Maybe some sharpened wood ;)

:HQ:

It also needs a trio of misfit crew, and a talking PotMS ;)

(and keep your hatches closed when you fire the Assault Cannons)

Humor aside; for the Hurricanes, I agree that they look out of place. I think that you should mount them like the underwing Heavy Bolters on a T-Hawk. It would require a bit of converting, but they would still be on sponson mounts, and I think it would look a lot better.

Archived